2019 Charlotte 49ers Football schedule

clt had a few zimas after the umass game

From Pat Forde:

1 Like

“That Opener…” sez this G-W player from CLT. What a hoot! https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/football/article233067652.html

Gardner Webb picked 5th in Big South.

:face_with_monocle:

Notes there is 6 teams in Big South, including Presby who will be dropping scholarship football after next year.

There are 7 schools in the Big South this season. Hampton is joining this season. North Alabama joins next season when Presbyterian drops out for football, only. The Big South will stay at 7 schools.

It’s not the best FCS conference, but teams have a 14.3% chance of getting the automatic bid to the playoffs and a 2nd team received an at large bid a few years ago.

Thanks, I knew NA was joining and Presby was leaving after this year. Overlooked Hampton addition.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article233168091.html

1 Like

How is it that we stomped WKU last season, but Scott thinks that we lose this game. Does he write for the Bowling Green Gazette or am I missing something? We didn’t lose as much as we gained in my opinion.

1 Like

He was trying to get to 5-7. That’s how he got there. Couldn’t bring himself to predict us as bowl eligible.

2 Likes

We need a Fire David Scott banner. :smile: #fds

1 Like

Well, at least he’s writing stories on us.

1 Like

clt says the good ol observer with the Friday afternoon news dump

1 Like

The O would just assign someone even worse to us.

1 Like

The best take away from the article. Of course the write up has App at 3-0 to start the season.
“I truly think Charlotte will be a better football team in 2019 than they were in 2018 as they have a chance to push for a bowl bid.”

I’ll be surprised if they win a game this year including their opener against Houston Baptist.

Please don’t jinx us. I remember a zero win Georgia State team come into the Rich and boat racing us.

That Georgia State team that eventually went on to win a bowl game and we ended up 1-11 with Judy celebrating that 1 win like we had just won a natty.

Charlotte football cannot take any opponent lightly especially on the road two time zones away.