Campus Construction Update

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:20, topic:24325”]Some photos of the new intramural fields.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=239606&id=35895347263&fbid=444929102263[/quote]

Best looking rec fields in the country that no one will ever see or hear about. Not like kids factor that kind of stuff into their decision about where to go to school anyways.

Those are incredible. Jealous I didn’t have those when I was in school.

Campus continues to get better and better every year.

I think any prospective student-athlete would get to see the rec fields on a standard tour around campus by an AD official. Regular perspective students may or may not but its still there for them to see.

We’ll soon have 2 of these fields so we’ll rock either way!

EPIC webcam: http://oxblue.com/pro/open/turner/epic

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:20, topic:24325”]Some photos of the new intramural fields.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=239606&id=35895347263&fbid=444929102263[/quote]

OK Civil Engineers, what is the massive tube structure with the sharp 90 deg bend in it?

[quote=“NinerFan, post:25, topic:24325”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:20, topic:24325”]Some photos of the new intramural fields.

OK Civil Engineers, what is the massive tube structure with the sharp 90 deg bend in it?[/quote]

That is for storm water storage. The pipe collects storm water runoff from the fields, stores it, and releases it at a required rate. The photos say that that pipe is 9’ in diameter.

Just drove by there and they were putting striping on the field. Almost done.

Update:

AutoSports Center looks like the grading is done. Foundations may already be in place.

West CRI entrance only needs asphalt. Light posts are up and the road bed is down.

The Tennis Center is starting. Bulldozers already cutting into the earth and the site trailer is there.

EPIC is bricked up. Bet they want to get the front windows in before the 28th stadium groundbreaking.

The new dorm has the lights on. Looks like only landscaping is left on the outside.

New athletics fields look ready to me. If you want to see what our stadium turf will look like go take a look.

The new parking deck looks ready to go in the dark.

It appears that they are building a low brick wall on either side of the road in front of the towers at the main entrance. The footings have been poured and there is a mock-up built for the mason’s to follow.

I haven’t walked up there to take a look but they have a road up to the location of the new req fields behind the Wachovia (Wells Fargo?) Fieldhouse.

Speaking of things with uncertain naming, when’s the last time any “student activity” took place in the Student Activity Center?

Graduation?

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:30, topic:24325”]I haven’t walked up there to take a look but they have a road up to the location of the new req fields behind the Wachovia (Wells Fargo?) Fieldhouse.

Speaking of things with uncertain naming, when’s the last time any “student activity” took place in the Student Activity Center?[/quote]Students play basketball, workout, and run on the track in there daily.

The supports for the bottom of the tennis center going in. Notice the existing retaining wall uncovered to the right.

Picture 1: EPIC almost complete. Should be ready for Fall.
Picture 2: Kulwichi Motorsports Center.
Picture 3: Tennis Center.
Picture 4: New req fields under construction.

In addition, Phase IX dorms look almost ready for move in.

I couldn’t get any closer but here are 2 images from the new req field construction:

That second photo, those I-beams must be the start of the restrooms/utility building they’re supposed to be putting up there.

That’s what I thought as well. It’s near the EPIC side down near Wachovia and I believe thats were the renderings showed it. I walked up the gravel path but they have upturned dirt blocking the rest so i stopped there.

I didn’t even know they were putting rec fields up there. I thought all rec fields were being moved to the area by Campus Edge and the fields going by EPIC would be for football.

I didn't even know they were putting rec fields up there. I thought all rec fields were being moved to the area by Campus Edge and the fields going by EPIC would be for football.

The Req Fields across from the Greek Village were for temporary replacement of Fields 8&9 (Football stadium site) but long term expansion due to increased enrollment. The one’s behind Wachovia is the long term replacement for 8&9.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:39, topic:24325”]

I didn’t even know they were putting rec fields up there. I thought all rec fields were being moved to the area by Campus Edge and the fields going by EPIC would be for football.

The Req Fields across from the Greek Village were for temporary replacement of Fields 8&9 (Football stadium site) but long term expansion due to increased enrollment. The one’s behind Wachovia is the long term replacement for 8&9.[/quote]
There’ll be 80 and 100 yard football practice fields next to the stadium, where they’re clearing the trees in the photos.