The First 49 Fourth Annual School Supply Drive - September 8th

Although the school year has already started, the needs for some students remain. Originally started by Green Roots (Hot Rod), The First 49 annually collects supplies for Title I schools within CMS. Itā€™s a great way to give a little something back in the name of bettering our community.

We will have 4 drop locations this Saturday, September 8th, from 1:00 to 5:30 PM:

*Blue Lot/Lot 7/7A (located next to the Belk Gym)

*Red Lot/Lot 25 (the lot with the Light Rail stop)

*Green CRI 2

*Hauser Alumni Pavilion

Full details and supply suggestions can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/613788495687494/

2 Likes

clt welcomes the appys to participate,

I was going to ask if you minded if I post this on our board? Stuff like this needs to be publicized. Good work!

I think itā€™s safe to assume youā€™ve already posted other stuff there from here, so you might as well share something that is actually meaningful.

clt advises the appys to drop off supplies, and NOT to take the supplies.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting:

Thanks for posting this. Our schools are struggling across the state. This will be a big help for CMS Title I schools.

If you guys want to do anything similar for your schools in the mountains timed to the return game in 2019, weā€™d be happy to participate.

2 Likes

Back when we played Wake Forest in the 80s and 90s some groups raised money by running down the mountain on 421. Both App and Wake Forest raised money. I am not sure for what but maybe the Childrenā€™s Hospital at Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem.

I am not running, I might roll a bit, but that is about it, but US-421 to I-77 could work or US-321 to US-74 or 421 to NC-16. There is not one road form Boone to Charlotte but a run to raise money for a good cause would be a great addition. I really like this school supply drive. Yes, I am getting competitive about it to be honest but kudos for setting this up and hopefully it is a resounding success. I plan to bring some supplies myself.

A shame this was not known about earlier as I am sure many will be on board for something like this. And maybe next week we can have something set up. Even splitting between a few counties in the mountains and counties around Charlotte or just Mecklenburg county would be fine with me.

I like where your head is on this. How about for every plane that lands at the Boone Airport in a 24 hour period, Charlotte will donate $10, and for everyone that lands at Charlotte-Douglas App chips in the same? Deal?

1 Like

Can I get back to you on that? I need to do some cipherinā€™ on those numbers first.

clt says the Boone airport is closed due to rain, the damn runway is paved yet.

Iā€™ve been to your board a few timesā€¦and you remind me of that Gonzo posterā€¦IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER

clt says gonzo? What an absurd name.

I think in honor of Hunter S. Thompson.

I believe the Alumni Associations for both schools are working on a way for the school supply drive to be part of games in both Charlotte and Boone.

1 Like

bump.

HUGE success, thanks Niner Nation!

2 Likes