$0 for UNCC

Thanks Governor!

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/16764027.htm

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Based on the smoke and fallout around the Black fire, and his history of being bought by special interest, Gov Sleazily should be worried an upcoming criminal investigation about his corruption.

He has always snubbed Charlotte. Look at the decline of our roads since he has been in the office. Look at the money given to eastern NC and schools that buy him like UNC CH. Look at the real estate deals on the coast where he gets prime real estate as a deferred payoff for his services. Look at the amount of money that HE took from Chiropractors. Look at his lobbying on TV and radio for mandatory special eye exams FOR THE CHILDREN just before Black gets busted for taking illegal moneys from optometrists. Look at his history of buying the “poor votes”, like transferring a temporary sales tax to a permanent tax break for people who already pay minimal income tax.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. I can only hope that someone not affiliated with his corruption begins to investigate Mr. Sleazily. I feel what they will find is that he is the most corrupt governor that we have ever had.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

What shocks me (other than us not getting any money) is the breakdown of what the school got the money for. $38 million to NC State for an animal hospital???

Appalachian State, education building, $34 million.

East Carolina, dental school, $87 million.

Fayetteville State, science complex, $22.6 million.

N.C. A&T State, classrooms, $25.8 million.

N.C. School of the Arts, library, $24.9 million.

N.C. State, animal hospital, $38 million.

UNC Asheville, renovations, $8.7 million.

UNC Chapel Hill, science building, $119.6 million.

UNC Greensboro, offices, $45.2 million.

UNC Pembroke, dorms, $19 million.

Western Carolina, science building, $43.8 million.

Winston-Salem State, student center, $18.7 million.

0$? Thats about our average from the state, eh?

Look who got $119 mill…

I’m just glad the UNC system doesn’t distribute money with a flagship mentality…
Last year: UNC Chapel Hill, science building$28.4 million
This year: UNC Chapel Hill, science building, $119.6 million

:ticked: :cuss: :tool: :knob: :fastgun: :wow:

What the…??? that’s $148 million in two years for a science building! At Charlotte we only have one true science building! But oh, let’s not forget; at $45.8 million to build our treasured uptown building we used up our opportunity last year.

Two factors appear to have hurt UNCC. First, [B]none [/B]of the capital projects on its priorities list have received state planning money, typically required before the state pays the full amount for a building.
"It's my understanding that all university capital projects that had received planning money were included in the governor's budget," said UNC system spokeswoman Joni Worthington.
Ms. Worthington, let me tell you that my 3 year old cousin even knows the difference between [B]0[/B] and [B]several million dollars[/B]!

DuBois better raise serious hell about this! Wow, this pisses me off!!

WTF?!?!?!?!

:ticked:

Well…I guess I will fire off yet ANOTHER email to Dr Phil…I think that makes 3 this week!

:ticked:

“Charlotte got theirs last year,” said Easley budget adviser Dan Gerlach.

Last year: Charlotte- $45.8 mill, NCSU- $61 mill, UNC-CH- $28.4 mill

This year: Charlotte- $0.0 mill, NCSU- $38 mill, UNC-CH- $119.6 mill

Totals: Charlotte- $45.8 mill, NCSU- $99 mill, UNC-CH- $148 mill

I’m glad we got ours last year and State and UNC-CH got their fair share this year to even things up.

[QUOTE]“Charlotte got theirs last year,” said Easley budget adviser Dan Gerlach.

That’s when state legislators and Easley approved $45.8 million in bonds to build a 150,000-square-foot classroom building uptown. Also last year, N.C. State got $61 million for an engineering complex and UNC Chapel Hill got $28.4million for a science building. [B]Both would get money again, while UNCC would not.[/B]
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]UNCC’s top construction priority is a $76.2 million building for classrooms and laboratories at the Charlotte Research Institute. The UNC Board of Governors has endorsed $19.1 million for planning over the next two years.[/QUOTE]

Makes no sense.

Anyone have an email address for Easley?

I think it is important to point out that every project that recieved planning funds last year recieved construction funds this year. I guess since we are getting planning money this year, we can expect construction money next year.

It appears that our top priorities are already funded…uptown building (already funded by state), new parking deck (funded by parking pass fees), student union (funded by student fees).

I’m curious why we didn’t have any other buildings in the planning stages that could be built this year. Was there a layover period while DuBois got acclamated with campus that we didn’t prioritize our construction projects?

Next year:
Charlotte- $0
NC State- $68 million- equestrian stadium
UNCCH- $120 million- Edwards’ Center For Poverty

Easley administration- “Charlotte got theirs two years ago”

It’s painfully obvious that folks in Charlotte and the metro rep’s are asleep at the switch. In the last ten years has Charlotte ever been rooked like this!?

I suspect next year NCSU will try for the TPC course and resort hotel again. If they can get money for gold plated hog pens, they can probably get that. Good to see the taxpayers of NC getting good stewardship of their hard earned $$$. Yeah, let them eat cake!

FSU gets 22.6 mil to be an entire science complex while UNCCH get 119.6 mil to build a science building. That must be one heck of a building.

This is ridiculous… I can’t even begin to write I’m so mad.

The planning $ may just be a scapegoat… a way to get around it. Do they really think all these other schools in the system need money and Charlotte (very poor Charlotte financially) does not?

Whoever is running against Easley next election, I am voting for this person… and, I don’t care about any other issue. That’s how important this is to me.

And, guess what? I’m voting AGAINST the bond package. I hope citizens of Charlotte will send a message.

Yes, Charlotte should not have gotten zero. I won’t defend that because it’s ridiculous.

But again, again, people, you don’t get [B][SIZE=3]who you should be attacking[/SIZE][/B].

You don’t go about this by attacking State and Chapel Hill, who raised more than half the cost of their own buildings and then got money from the state to finish it off. The article clearly states Charlotte was hurt by the fact that they didn’t raise significant money on their own, nor did they use state planning money for their projects. If the state pays for the planning, they’re willing to give more money. That didn’t happen.

[B][U]The real question is how much did the other schools on that list raise?[/U][/B] Did Greensboro, Western, ECU raise significant capital? Did those schools just get a $100 million donation for one of their programs? I highly doubt it. ECU got $87 million in one year for a dental school. Maybe they did raise $50 or $60 million on their own, but if they did, I missed it.

This board needs to get real on some of these issues and get over the chip on their shoulder regarding the two big schools in the Triangle. Fight the winnable battles first, build up the campus, and then start to go after the big dogs. Attacking the top while the bottom schools build themselves at Charlotte’s disadvantage is not going to work.

What a joke. The leadership in the University system and Stete Gov’t should be… I can’t put it in writing.

Okay, let me clear the air a little here now. I emailed the Chancellor this morning and he has already replied. This was his response:

I haven’t seen the budget yet, Josh, so I can’t comment. From what I read in the paper, there may be a perception that we were asking for a large amount of money. [I]In fact, we were asking only for the planning money for the next building--$7.6M next year and $11.4 the year after that. [/I]
I guess as was said earlier, we are getting funding for some of our big projects that are current from other sources.

Is there any e-mail/phone to Raleigh where I can make an ass of myself… daily…?

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;220429]Yes, Charlotte should not have gotten zero. I won’t defend that because it’s ridiculous.

But again, again, people, you don’t get [B][SIZE=3]who you should be attacking[/SIZE][/B].

You don’t go about this by attacking State and Chapel Hill, who raised more than half the cost of their own buildings and then got money from the state to finish it off. The article clearly states Charlotte was hurt by the fact that they didn’t raise significant money on their own, nor did they use state planning money for their projects. If the state pays for the planning, they’re willing to give more money. That didn’t happen.

[B][U]The real question is how much did the other schools on that list raise?[/U][/B] Did Greensboro, Western, ECU raise significant capital? Did those schools just get a $100 million donation for one of their programs? I highly doubt it. ECU got $87 million in one year for a dental school. Maybe they did raise $50 or $60 million on their own, but if they did, I missed it.

This board needs to get real on some of these issues and get over the chip on their shoulder regarding the two big schools in the Triangle. Fight the winnable battles first, build up the campus, and then start to go after the big dogs. Attacking the top while the bottom schools build themselves at Charlotte’s disadvantage is not going to work.[/QUOTE]

I think its obvious that the people in the capital have had it out for the ENTIRE CITY for some time now. IF you dont beleive this…you arent paying attention or living in Charlotte. This is just another example of how the city of Charlotte is treated as second class to the rest of the state.