$0 Guaranteed!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jets-offer-0-guaranteed-to-Revis-Revis-promptl?urn=nfl,248584

I don’t really believe in re-negotiating, & I usually think the player is asking too much, BUT $0 Guaranteed? Are you f**king kidding me Jets?

It’s because of collective bargaining. Big contracts are few and far between right now. They say it’s because they don’t know what the new rules are gonna be, but I think it’s to pound the players into submission.

The problem is the Jets went to Revis after the AFC Championship game and said we are going to give you a new contract. Then Rex Ryan said he is the best defensive player in football, but then the team offers him half of what Asomugha gets? What are they thinking???

The whole team is built around Revis, I have no idea what the hell they are trying to do in this negotiation. Revis has all the cards.

Pay Revis Christ now!

I’m amazed that NFL players are acting surprised at how difficult they are finding contract extensions and such to get right now. I’m not saying it’s right for owners and GM’s to play hardball like this, but you gotta understand with no CBA in place everything is a gamble. They need to get the whole thing straightened out. The thought of a year with no NFL season is horrifying.

So ESPN was saying that Chris Johnson wouldn’t get the money he was looking for because you can’t increase a players pay by more than 30% which I assume he is still on his rookie deal. Is this not the case for Revis? I thinks it’s bs for the Jets to say that he should honor his current contract but if he gets paid and is under performing or injured would likely get cut in order to save money.