04-05 Schedule

Need 1 or 2 more home dates.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Jul 1 2004, 04:57 PM [b] My hope is that the CSET games somehow show up on the FullCourt package, if the network itself is not part of the SportsPack. I buy a sattellite to make sure I get most of our away games, and the rug gets pulled out from under me. Good for the school and other Niner fans, but bad for X. [/b]
Bad for Mac too!! Cable isn't even available to me...

Hi guys I just wanted to take this oppurtunity to say that we are looking forward to our game this season. I hope you guys dont take us lightly! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Feel free to come and visit us over at our new message board at CAAZone.com http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=29

[b]Hi guys I just wanted to take this oppurtunity to say that we are looking forward to our game this season. I hope you guys dont take us lightly! [/b]

Are any of your fans planning to make this game a road trip? Give us some information on your teamā€¦ Whatā€™s on their resume? I want to hear you back up the ā€˜donā€™t take us lightlyā€™ statement.

Well we have history of upsetting major competition. Last year we beat Auburn and Tulsa though both had off years, and we lead in the opening game of the preseason NIT against Utah for 35 to 38 minutes until Utah finally caught up. Weā€™ve beat Georgia (UGA) the last 3 times we played them (during the Harrick years), we beat St. Joes when they were ranked 15th in the nation a couple years back, and beat Wisconsin in the first round of the tourney in 2001. All Iā€™m saying is that if your team looks beyond us, or has an off night, it could spell trouble.

This coming season along with you guys we have Kentucky, Texas Tech, and Lousiana Lafayette scheduled which bascially means that our coach is willing to schedule anybody. He is also agressive on the court and last year (his first full year as head coach) he ran a lot with the press. He was the top assistant under Lefty Driesell and practically was handpicked by Lefty to be his successor.

It was recently annouced that we will be joining the Colonial Athletic Association in 2006, thus finally leaving the Atlantic Sun Conference. The A-Sun is a competitive but underrated conference, in that the top teams in the conference have proven they can compete with any body (i.e Belmont vs. Missouri, UCF vs. Pitt), but the bottom dwellers are so many and are so bad that they pull the entire conference down.

Anyway like I said before we look forward to playing you guys! :slight_smile:

Heres an example of how the conference isā€¦in the A-Sun we had 4 teams win over 18 gamesā€¦but 7 teams with records of less than .500 and 4 of those teams couldnt muster to win 10 games. Also note that 3 of the 4 teams that won more than 18 games are leaving the conferenceā€¦UCF to Conference USA, Troy to the Sunbelt, and Georgia State to the CAA.

Your message board posters and official hoops schedule refer to us as UNCC, UNC-Charlotte, and UNC Charlotte.

All of those are wrong. Weā€™re Charlotte. Thanks.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Jul 14 2004, 10:56 AM [b] Your message board posters and official hoops schedule refer to us as UNCC, UNC-Charlotte, and UNC Charlotte.

All of those are wrong. Weā€™re Charlotte. Thanks. [/b]

Sorry, Weā€™ll try, atleast on the message board, to refrain from calling you any of those acronymsā€¦and just refer to you as Charlotte.

Iā€™ll make a note of it over on thread thats discussing the upcoming schedule.

I thought State was tough when they got that Auburn win last year. They got their best player back (I believe Williams a 6-11 guy) from suspension and then kinda had a mediocre year. But the Panthers are a pretty tough squad to overlook. I hope we realize thatā€¦

[b]which bascially means that our coach is willing to schedule anybody.[/b]

Also willing to, or may be forced to, schedule 2 Div-II teams. I hope that we donā€™t look past you as well - our guys can do that some times. However, as things are now, we will have a very impressive team for you to face. We are hoping for a great season and a deep run in the tournament this year (but who wouldnā€™t hope for that any year?!?). But keep in mind, we also know how to upset major competition, in fact thatā€™s when we play the best. We upset Syracuse, the defending champs, last year on the home opener for their season. So for our sake, lets hope that our guys consider you competition. I look forward to the game - if only basketball season would get here faster!!

[i]Originally posted by CharlotteAlum[/i]@Jul 14 2004, 11:06 AM [b]
[b]which bascially means that our coach is willing to schedule anybody.[/b]

Also willing to, or may be forced to, schedule 2 Div-II teams. [/b]

More like forced to.

[b]But keep in mind, we also know how to upset major competition, in fact that's when we play the best. We upset Syracuse, the defending champs, last year on the home opener for their season. So for our sake, lets hope that our guys consider you competition. [/b]

Sounds like this is going to be fun. Now I hope both teams come ready to play.

[b] I look forward to the game - if only basketball season would get here faster!! [/b]

I absolutely agree! :smiley:

By the way, weā€™re not just requesting that you call us Charlotte - that is the name for our Athletics. When referring to the academic side of the school, UNCC or UNC Charlotte works, but the Atheltics Dept does not go by such names. I saw your post on your msg board and I just wanted to clarify things.

[i]Originally posted by CharlotteAlum[/i]@Jul 14 2004, 10:45 AM [b] By the way, we're not just *requesting* that you call us Charlotte - that is the name for our Athletics. When referring to the academic side of the school, UNCC or UNC-Charlotte works, but the Atheltics Dept does not go by such names. I saw your post on your msg board and I just wanted to clarify things. [/b]
Actually, when referring to the institution, use UNCC, UNC Charlotte, or University of North Carolina at Charlotte, but [b]never, never[/b] UNC-C, UNC-Charlotte, or any other variation that is hyphenated!!!

I think UNC Charlotte is ok (since we havenā€™t changed the school name, yet) but thatā€™s just me. See new thread.

[i]Originally posted by CharlotteAlum[/i]@Jul 14 2004, 11:45 AM [b] By the way, we're not just *requesting* that you call us Charlotte - that is the name for our Athletics. When referring to the academic side of the school, UNCC or UNC Charlotte works, but the Atheltics Dept does not go by such names. I saw your post on your msg board and I just wanted to clarify things. [/b]
Umm...sorry if I ruffed any feathers. :unsure: