04-05 Schedule

Someone want to piece it together, or at least what we know up until this point?

Road Games (11): Davidson, Indiana, Valparaiso, Alabama Birmingham, East Carolina, Cincinnati, Louisville, Marquette, Saint Louis, South Florida, Tulane

Home Games (12): Alabama, Long Beach State, Rutgers, UNC Asheville, Cincinnati, DePaul, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, Saint Louis, Southern Mississippi, Texas Christian

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Jul 1 2004, 11:35 AM [b] [b]Road Games (11)[/b]: Davidson, Indiana, Valparaiso, Alabama Birmingham, East Carolina, Cincinnati, Louisville, Marquette, Saint Louis, South Florida, Tulane

Home Games (12): Alabama, Long Beach State, Rutgers, UNC Asheville, Cincinnati, DePaul, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, Saint Louis, Southern Mississippi, Texas Christian [/b]

Add Georgia State at home with one TBD. The plan is to have 14 home games.

Is it confirmed that Rutgers is coming to Halton next year?

Is this the start of a new series with Valpo? Surely we didn’t give them a 2 for 1?

Thanks HP and Lefty. Three more to lock in. What are some of the names being thrown around?

Is a certain SEC school still an option?

The final two road games are at the Cable Car Classic and yes, Rutgers is a go.

[b]The final two road games are at the Cable Car Classic and yes, Rutgers is a go.[/b]

When is this and do we know who we will be playing in the 1st game.

[i]Originally posted by NovaNiner[/i]@Jul 1 2004, 02:11 PM [b] Thanks HP and Lefty. Three more to lock in. What are some of the names being thrown around?

Is a certain SEC school still an option? [/b]

I guess Miss St. is not on. Too bad Arizona backed out, too. UVA was all talk, too. We’re definitely running with the big boys, though. Alabama at home and and a return to Assembly Hall will be fun.

Does anyone have more info on the Cable Car Classic? Sounds like we may have 27 games.

The Cable Car Classic is December 28-29 (Tuesday-Wednesday) in Santa Clara, CA. Santa Clara has the schedule listed but not the teams in the tournament. It’s likely we won’t be playing them in the first round anyway.

Tickets prices for the Cable Car Classic are:
Tournament Package
Reserved Lower or Upper Chairback $50
Reserved Floor $40
Adult General Admission Seating $30
Youth/Senior General Admission Seating $20
Single Session Tickets
Reserved Lower or Upper Chairback $30
Reserved Floor $25
Adult General Admission $15
Youth/Senior General Admission $10

We have a 3-3 record in the Cable Car Classic. Last played in the CCC in 1993, when we beat Butler and host Santa Clara to take the title.

Link: Cable Car Classic History [.pdf file]

BTW, who is North Carolina-Charlotte or UNC-Charlotte? :o

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Jul 1 2004, 02:57 PM [b] Does anyone have more info on the Cable Car Classic? [/b]
[url=http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2003/12/31/SPGUT419EL1.DTL]2003 Cable Car Championship[/url]

Not much to go on yet. The 03 participants appear to have been Santa Clara, BYU, Wisc-Milw. & Idaho State.

From an 2002 story I found, it appears that Santa Clara is the host school.

While the school might get some publicity out of this, I for one, will miss having a home basketball game between Christmas and New Years. Even if I was one of only 5 people in Halton for the Pepsi Classic, it was fun having something to look forward to during that time.

Say what you want about the Pepsi Classic or the Delaware St. game. IMO, they were better than staying home and watching Bowl games.

Guess, I’ll have to hope one of the west coast Fox Sports Net stations will provide coverage.

BTW, we lost a couple of games on the 2004-05 schedule when we joined the A-10 - George Washington (away) and Rhode Island (home). Guess the only way we’ll meet any of our future conference mates this coming season is in the Big Dance…

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Jul 1 2004, 04:12 PM [b] Cable Car Classic History [/b]
The good: [b]Most Three-Pointers Made[/b]: 13 by UNC-Charlotte vs. Butler, 1993; 13 by Santa Clara vs. Georgia Tech, 1995 [b]Best Three-Point Percentage (min of 5 attempts)[/b]: .636 by Henry Williams, UNC-Charlotte, 1988

The bad:
Most Assists: 12 by Gordon Austin of American vs. Santa Clara, 1982 and by Mitch Burley of Santa Clara vs. UNC Charlotte, 1988

Thanks. I hope the Cable Car is on CSET.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Jul 1 2004, 03:17 PM [b]Thanks. I hope the Cable Car is on CSET.[/b]
CSET? They are a non-entity in my mind. Of course, as soon as they are available on satellite, they become a wonderful thing :D .

My hope is that the CSET games somehow show up on the FullCourt package, if the network itself is not part of the SportsPack. I buy a sattellite to make sure I get most of our away games, and the rug gets pulled out from under me. Good for the school and other Niner fans, but bad for X.

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante+Jul 1 2004, 03:29 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (SilvioDante @ Jul 1 2004, 03:29 PM)

He only says that because he’s a drunk.

Road Games (13): Davidson, Indiana, Valparaiso, Alabama Birmingham, East Carolina, Cincinnati, Louisville, Marquette, Saint Louis, South Florida, Tulane, Yale, Central Connecticut/Santa Clara

Home Games (13): Alabama, Long Beach State, Rutgers, UNC Asheville, Cincinnati, DePaul, East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, Saint Louis, Southern Mississippi, Texas Christian, Georgia State