17 year old Phillie Fan Tased

You cross over to their domain you are entitled to whatever you get. Did you expect an overweight security guard to chase him around for 15 minutes or take him down. This was going to end bad anyway you look at it. If you do not want to get tasered then keep your stupid ass off the field.

My best friend is a Sgt. for NCHP and my 3 cousins are all Troopers as well and they will all tell. “I aint chasing anybody for a long time I will just take him down anyway I can. I aint Dog the Bounty Hunter”. Funny story. My closest cousin arrested a guy on Independence @ 3:00AM and he was so big the hand cuffs did not fit so he pulled out the plastic riot ones from the trunk that are bigger and adjust down and he barely got them on. He told the guy if I have any trouble from you or if you run I am just going to shoot your big ass. Everyone understood.

Not in this day & age, hoss. Can’t take any chances with these idiots. All it takes if for moron to have a gun. Get him on the gound and off the field as soon as possible.[/quote]
Let’s just have a sniper at every event. No room for judgment calls in this day and age. All 17 year old pasty white kids in Philly’s gear flailing their arms running in circles must be taken out at once…[/quote]

Yes, because you can tell intent based on ones wardrobe.

If you break the law you have to pay the price. I’m glad they zapped the dope.[/quote]
When you get tased for running a stop sign, I’m sure you’ll feel the same way.[/quote]

Fans running on the field of play is harmless, just ask Monica Seles and Tom Gamboa.

Not in this day & age, hoss. Can’t take any chances with these idiots. All it takes if for moron to have a gun. Get him on the gound and off the field as soon as possible.[/quote]
Let’s just have a sniper at every event. No room for judgment calls in this day and age. All 17 year old pasty white kids in Philly’s gear flailing their arms running in circles must be taken out at once…[/quote]

If you break the law you have to pay the price. I’m glad they zapped the dope.[/quote]
When you get tased for running a stop sign, I’m sure you’ll feel the same way.[/quote]

Eason. You need tasering right now.

[font=verdana][size=11px]Since June 2001, more than 351 individuals in the United States have died after being shocked by police Tasers. Most of those individuals were not carrying a weapon. Amnesty International is concerned that Tasers are being used as tools of routine force – rather than as an alternative to firearms.[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=11px]Source: [/size][/font][size=12px]http://www.amnestyusa.org/us-human-rights/taser-abuse/page.do?id=1021202[/size]

Tasers aren’t a joke.

[quote=“eason49, post:24, topic:23210”][font=verdana]Since June 2001, more than 351 individuals in the United States have died after being shocked by police Tasers. Most of those individuals were not carrying a weapon. Amnesty International is concerned that Tasers are being used as tools of routine force – rather than as an alternative to firearms.[/font]
[font=verdana]Source: [/font]http://www.amnestyusa.org/us-human-rights/taser-abuse/page.do?id=1021202

Tasers aren’t a joke.[/quote]
I agree wholeheartedly.

They aren’t a joke- I like Charlotte2002’s comment, ask Seles if fans on the field are a joke.

[quote=“TheShowDawg, post:21, topic:23210”]You cross over to their domain you are entitled to whatever you get. Did you expect an overweight security guard to chase him around for 15 minutes or take him down. This was going to end bad anyway you look at it. If you do not want to get tasered then keep your stupid ass off the field.

My best friend is a Sgt. for NCHP and my 3 cousins are all Troopers as well and they will all tell. “I aint chasing anybody for a long time I will just take him down anyway I can. I aint Dog the Bounty Hunter”. Funny story. My closest cousin arrested a guy on Independence @ 3:00AM and he was so big the hand cuffs did not fit so he pulled out the plastic riot ones from the trunk that are bigger and adjust down and he barely got them on. He told the guy if I have any trouble from you or if you run I am just going to shoot your big ass. Everyone understood.[/quote]

Nash Bridges rule: “Anybody I have to chase for more than 50 yards has to take an a$$-whooping”.

Do you honestly think the cop in question thought this kid was going to hurt someone?

If he did, sure, tasing is fine. I have 0 doubt that he didn’t think the kid was going to go hurt someone.

[quote=“eason49, post:27, topic:23210”]Do you honestly think the cop in question thought this kid was going to hurt someone?

If he did, sure, tasing is fine. I have 0 doubt that he didn’t think the kid was going to go hurt someone.[/quote]

I just looked at the video. He was down for about 10 seconds and then walked off the field easy as hell. Good call by the guard, he ain’t hurt.

[quote=“hootie, post:28, topic:23210”][quote=“eason49, post:27, topic:23210”]Do you honestly think the cop in question thought this kid was going to hurt someone?

If he did, sure, tasing is fine. I have 0 doubt that he didn’t think the kid was going to go hurt someone.[/quote]

I just looked at the video. He was down for about 10 seconds and then walked off the field easy as hell. Good call by the guard, he ain’t hurt.[/quote]
So I’m guessing the answer is no, you don’t think the kid was going to hurt anyone.

The fact is that tasers can kill people, and it’s excessive force in this scenario.

I know it’s cool and all to be like YEAH MAN ID TOTALLY TASE THAT LIL PUNK, but rationally, it is unnecessary and excessive.

Eason. What were they suppose to do? Ask him please, please , please stop running??

He has just as much chance of getting his neck broken by someone horse collaring him down as a taser hurting him. This was going to end badly either way. I am sure it did not stop after they got him off the field either!

[quote=“eason49, post:29, topic:23210”][quote=“hootie, post:28, topic:23210”][quote=“eason49, post:27, topic:23210”]Do you honestly think the cop in question thought this kid was going to hurt someone?

I just looked at the video. He was down for about 10 seconds and then walked off the field easy as hell. Good call by the guard, he ain’t hurt.[/quote]
So I’m guessing the answer is no, you don’t think the kid was going to hurt anyone.

The fact is that tasers can kill people, and it’s excessive force in this scenario.

I know it’s cool and all to be like YEAH MAN ID TOTALLY TASE THAT LIL PUNK, but rationally, it is unnecessary and excessive.[/quote]

The word deterent comes to mind- the next idiot might think twice (although truthfully I doubt it)

[quote=“TheShowDawg, post:30, topic:23210”]Eason. What were they suppose to do? Ask him please, please , please stop running??

He has just as much chance of getting his neck broken by someone horse collaring him down as a taser hurting him. This was going to end badly either way. I am sure it did not stop after they got him off the field either![/quote]

This is the first instance of a taser being used in such a scenario. It is not the first instance of such a scenario.

He could have been subdued in another manner, just like the tons of people before him were. They chose to take the easy route.

A taser is not a toy you use to subdue people. It’s a dangerous, potentially lethal weapon.

[quote=“hootie, post:31, topic:23210”][quote=“eason49, post:29, topic:23210”][quote=“hootie, post:28, topic:23210”][quote=“eason49, post:27, topic:23210”]Do you honestly think the cop in question thought this kid was going to hurt someone?

I know it’s cool and all to be like YEAH MAN ID TOTALLY TASE THAT LIL PUNK, but rationally, it is unnecessary and excessive.[/quote]

The word deterent comes to mind- the next idiot might think twice (although truthfully I doubt it)[/quote]

Let’s stick heads of speeders on the side of the road after we murder them. That’ll deter people from speeding.

The ends does not justify the means.

[quote=“eason49, post:32, topic:23210”][quote=“TheShowDawg, post:30, topic:23210”]Eason. What were they suppose to do? Ask him please, please , please stop running??

He has just as much chance of getting his neck broken by someone horse collaring him down as a taser hurting him. This was going to end badly either way. I am sure it did not stop after they got him off the field either![/quote]

This is the first instance of a taser being used in such a scenario. It is not the first instance of such a scenario.

He could have been subdued in another manner, just like the tons of people before him were. They chose to take the easy route.

A taser is not a toy you use to subdue people. It’s a dangerous, potentially lethal weapon.[/quote]

Yawn. Your arguments are as soft as you are.

Had the kid laid down when instructed this would not be an issue. Focus on the kid being a dumbass not the cop doing his job.

[quote=“eason49, post:33, topic:23210”][quote=“hootie, post:31, topic:23210”][quote=“eason49, post:29, topic:23210”][quote=“hootie, post:28, topic:23210”][quote=“eason49, post:27, topic:23210”]Do you honestly think the cop in question thought this kid was going to hurt someone?

The word deterent comes to mind- the next idiot might think twice (although truthfully I doubt it)[/quote]

Let’s stick heads of speeders on the side of the road after we murder them. That’ll deter people from speeding.

The ends does not justify the means.[/quote]

Dude, I offered my feelings on that earlier. Stay on topic and up to date please. You’re being a bit overdramtic, partner.

Sometimes you say some witty shit and other times you just say some stupid shit. You should be more selective.

http://www.the700level.com/2010/05/new-video-fan-tasered-for-running-onto-field-at-citizens-bank-park.html

video for shits and giggles (well besides Eason, he might have nightmares)

Ok… so you guys remember my stance on the “Don’t tase me, bro” incident. I hate tasers. I think they are used far too often, and more often than not a solid argument could be made that they have been used excessively.

This is not one of those times.

I still do not agree with the use of the taser here, I would have preferred it be handled without it… but I am not about to say that it was excessive. The kid was asking for it.

[quote=“s9er, post:34, topic:23210”][quote=“eason49, post:32, topic:23210”][quote=“TheShowDawg, post:30, topic:23210”]Eason. What were they suppose to do? Ask him please, please , please stop running??

A taser is not a toy you use to subdue people. It’s a dangerous, potentially lethal weapon.[/quote]

Yawn. Your arguments are as soft as you are.

Had the kid laid down when instructed this would not be an issue. Focus on the kid being a dumbass not the cop doing his job.[/quote]
It takes a real man to tase a 17 year old high schooler.

Eason this is a cause and effect world with consequences. Has nothing to do with being cool or not.

Like I said before he could have gotten hurt in a number of ways even if he was not tasered.

So would a hard tackle where he gets his neck broken been o’kay? You can not cherry pick alternative endings when you make a stupid mistake and no one should be looking out for you when you make a stupid decisions. Sometimes you just can not be the victim no matter how hard you try or Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson tell you so. You have to be accountable for your actions and the consequences that come from them.