1997 NCAA Tournament

Found the two NCAA tourney games from 1997 on Youtube the other day. For those who like to reminisce…

1st round vs Georgetown

2nd round vs Utah

Good times. :frowning:

Forgot how good Shaw was that day…forgot how good Colson was. Period.

Have we had a point guard that has come close to approaching him in the last 20 years?

Watching Keuhl makes me have hope for The big European kid (no the other one). Sometimes being 7 2 is defense enough.

I’ve never seen either of those games. I lived in TN at the time, and they didn’t show them. For you youngins, it wasn’t that long ago that not every Tournament game was shown on TV.

So thanks for posting.

Started watching the Georgetown game, and saw the school info graphic. My have things changed. Per that graphic, enrollment in 97 was something like 15,983.

As of 2015? 28,062.

Wow.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:5, topic:30300”]Started watching the Georgetown game, and saw the school info graphic. My have things changed. Per that graphic, enrollment in 97 was something like 15,983.

As of 2015? 28,062.

Wow.[/quote]
Yet now our athletics are in worse position.¯_(ツ)_/¯

[quote=“Wingate49erFan, post:6, topic:30300”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:5, topic:30300”]Started watching the Georgetown game, and saw the school info graphic. My have things changed. Per that graphic, enrollment in 97 was something like 15,983.

As of 2015? 28,062.

Wow.[/quote]
Yet now our athletics are in worse position.¯_(ツ)_/¯[/quote]

Was 1997 the 2nd or 3rd year that Judy was fighting for football?

Back on topic… that team was possibly one of the 5 best teams we’ve ever had, and our future seemed so bright back then. Basketball was definitely rejuvenated, Halton Arena was still somewhat new, and we were in a high profile conference.

[quote=“49r9r, post:7, topic:30300”][quote=“Wingate49erFan, post:6, topic:30300”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:5, topic:30300”]Started watching the Georgetown game, and saw the school info graphic. My have things changed. Per that graphic, enrollment in 97 was something like 15,983.

As of 2015? 28,062.

Wow.[/quote]
Yet now our athletics are in worse position.¯_(ツ)_/¯[/quote]

Was 1997 the 2nd or 3rd year that Judy was fighting for football?

Back on topic… that team was possibly one of the 5 best teams we’ve ever had, and our future seemed so bright back then. Basketball was definitely rejuvenated, Halton Arena was still somewhat new, and we were in a high profile conference.[/quote]

Halton was brand new and this was the first team to play there. It’s not Kuehl that you didn’t know that. ;D

I was born in 1990 so I dont remember any of these games lol

I was born in 1995 so I can relate, but it’s cool to watch old games and see how Charlotte was back when we made the NCAA tourny regularly. Hopefully we can get back to that soon.

Born in 94, I was 11 the last time Charlotte made the tourney…hopefully Mark Price gets us there soon.

This season.

Did anyone catch the user who uploaded these?

Nice!