1st basemen for the Hall of Fame

With Jim Thome recently hitting his 600th HR, I found his Hall of Fame potential curious. The quality of first baseman is deep, so some good players may not make it. But let’s see who NNN thinks has the best chance.

Since NNN is a very small sample, I’m giving the option of picking 2 guys to increase the # of votes.

You are going to get a particular poster up in arms with one exclusion…

Thome is the first guy I’d vote in. I’d vote Thomas in second. The other guys don’t have the numbers or are associated with steroids

Thome and then none of the rest IMO

Frank Thomas was probably the most feared right handed hitter in the early 90’s and two time AL MVP. He may not be a first ballot hall of famer but I don’t see him being completely left out.

I voted Helton with my second vote because of his .320+ batting average but ultimately I think Helton and Thome get in. Thome’s 600 home runs is a huge number but because of the era he played a majority of his career in there is going to be some that won’t recognize it as big of an accomplishment as it truly is.

Helton’s lack of home runs will hurt him considering he plays in Colorado and I think Thome’s batting average will hurt him as well but I think they both get in eventually.

Mattingly?

First base probably has the most hitting talent of any position. It’s a difficult position to determine HOF material.

Where is None of the Above?

That wouldn’t answer the question.