2-3 zone

OK.......Busted.

But you still get the pointā€¦donā€™t you?

While you are being bustedā€¦are you sure they were chicks?

[QUOTE=49erFan1;141063]

Our guys let the zone recover than rotate it. They need to zip the ball around quicker without holding and looking, forcing the defense to over commit or wearing the defenders out.

[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much the same thing I was saying. You have to move the ball fast enough that the defense does not have time to shift toward the ball. We were not doing that.

We do not have shooters on this team (as many have said). If that is the case, we need to realize a wide open 3 for this team is just as bad as an off-balance 3 by Plavich. Teams are [B]daring[/B] us to take these shots and weā€™re playing into their hands.

I keep hearing that Lee and DA, etc can hit 3ā€™s in practice. So could Butter Johnson.

[QUOTE=forDniner;141115]We do not have shooters on this team (as many have said). If that is the case, we need to realize a wide open 3 for this team is just as bad as an off-balance 3 by Plavich. Teams are [B]daring[/B] us to take these shots and weā€™re playing into their hands.

I keep hearing that Lee and DA, etc can hit 3ā€™s in practice. So could Butter Johnson.[/QUOTE]

But these guys have hit them in big games before. They have shown the ability to shoot, they just arenā€™t hitting. They are rushing shots IMO. These werenā€™t great looks, they were forced. They need to rotate the ball quicker so that they will get wide wide open, uncontested looks.

Well ā€¦I took out my frustrations on turkey and dressing. Shew ā€¦please pass me some more pumpkin pie.

Going to have to agree with Hootie and PI on this. It hurts to say it, because there in no quick fix, We have problems with the talent on the floor. Blame coaching all you want, but if we canā€™t hit some wide open jump shots we will lose a lot of games.

Hootie would have atleast shot 35% from 3 last night.

Eddie and Plavich are gone and no one has even come close to replacing them. Itā€™s really that simple to me. We got to 21-4 last year before the collapse.

You have to penetrate the zone. Miss St coach even said it. Our PG canā€™t dribble. That is a problem.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;141140]Eddie and Plavich are gone and no one has even come close to replacing them. Itā€™s really that simple to me. We got to 21-4 last year before the collapse.[/QUOTE]

Eddie and Plavich were part of us getting blown out the last 4 games of last year also. We could (potentially) have had 2 NBA players on a team that folded like a cheap suit last year. There is a bigger problem out there.

[QUOTE=BPfor3;141142]You have to penetrate the zone. Miss St coach even said it. Our PG canā€™t dribble. That is a problem.[/QUOTE]

Eddie did that last year. He could get to the rim and finish. If you packed it in he hit the 3 point shot.

If you packed it in he hit the 3 point shot.

eddie or plavich? i dont recall many times that Eddie was a zone breaker from outside, let alone many times that he would knock down threes during halfcourt offense.

Eddie is gone, take him off the mountain you put him on for one season.

Lutz is still here, at least we wont lose in the first round of the NCAA Tournament this year.

[QUOTE=49erFan1;141063]
During the futile first half we rotated the ball, but way way way too slowly. Our guys let the zone recover than rotate it. They need to zip the ball around quicker without holding and looking, forcing the defense to over commit or wearing the defenders out. I fault the players but also Bobby for not stopping this when it started.

[/QUOTE]

From my observation, they did try to rotate the ball, however, I remember seeing them pass the ball THEN realize the player wasnā€™t there to catch the ball.

After making a few bad passes, they got nervous, and players try to have second look before passing the ball which is too late and the zone already recovered. The result of this? Forcing your pass, turnovers and after a few bad passes and turnovers, they start shooting 3s. What happen when 3s donā€™t drop? Lose confidence.

1. Bad chemistry
  2. Lack of confidence
  3. Bad coaching, they should have practice more on how to beat the zone (rotate the ball fast w/o the need of second look or bad pass)

Just my opinion.

Btw, we did play good defense, at least Bobby is doing something positive, maybe spent too much time on coaching how to D?
I like dumptruckā€¦

[QUOTE=ninerID;141157]eddie or plavich? i dont recall many times that Eddie was a zone breaker from outside, let alone many times that he would knock down threes during halfcourt offense.

Eddie is gone, take him off the mountain you put him on for one season.

Lutz is still here, at least we wont lose in the first round of the NCAA Tournament this year.[/QUOTE]

Both did. It was rare that they packed it in on Plavichā€™s side, but Eddie shot almost 40% from 3 last year. Mostly when other teams didnā€™t guard him in a zone.