2 Good Leaders Better Then 1!

I like the idea of bringing in experienced and proven BCS coordinators to run the show. Building a football team is no easy task and will require a LOT of time and details to iron out that arenā€™t even foodball/player related. I think in the long haul they will be much better bringing on a Head Coach/Defense Coordinator and Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator who have experience working together and get along well. Add they are BCS coordinators with many years experience at the top levels of football.

I would LOVE to get a name like Amato, but do you really think he can land top notch coordinators for the price we are paying? He would be good for sales/interest but I donā€™t think he will be good for building this team to be the best we can be in the immediate years. Whatā€™s more important interest now or winning right away?

If itā€™s winning right away, Iā€™d go with the 2 leaders approach!

Amato reminds me of Seifert at this point. Looking for one last gig for 2-4 years and will be gone. Do you think he will spend as much time developing this program as 2 younger coordinators would who want to PROVE their skills?

The more I think about it the more I agree with you ninersfan99. When I first bought my FSLā€™s, I thought we would be lucky to get App States QB coach as a head coach. To think that we could possibly get two BCSish coordinators would be an awesome get.

I understand why folks are upset about not interviewing Amato. I am not thrilled with this decision either, however, donā€™t take that out on these two guys. Take that out on Judy Rose.

[quote=ā€œninersfan99, post:1, topic:25032ā€]I like the idea of bringing in experienced and proven BCS coordinators to run the show. Building a football team is no easy task and will require a LOT of time and details to iron out that arenā€™t even foodball/player related. I think in the long haul they will be much better bringing on a Head Coach/Defense Coordinator and Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator who have experience working together and get along well. Add they are BCS coordinators with many years experience at the top levels of football.

I would LOVE to get a name like Amato, but do you really think he can land top notch coordinators for the price we are paying? He would be good for sales/interest but I donā€™t think he will be good for building this team to be the best we can be in the immediate years. Whatā€™s more important interest now or winning right away?

If itā€™s winning right away, Iā€™d go with the 2 leaders approach!

Amato reminds me of Seifert at this point. Looking for one last gig for 2-4 years and will be gone. Do you think he will spend as much time developing this program as 2 younger coordinators would who want to PROVE their skills?[/quote]

Interest. BTW, Judy has said the following over the last 18 months (almost verbatim):

1. Our first coach will need to be a salesman atleast as much as a coach.
  2. Our first coach may not be our first ā€œwinningā€ coach".

While I might not agree on the idea of two good leaders being better than 1, I would not mind having a strong co-pilot helping out our pilot when he needs him.

Interest. BTW, Judy has said the following over the last 18 months (almost verbatim):

Who says they arenā€™t salesman? I never met them until today, have you? Who says they cant sell a program to the city and the fans?

Give the guys a chance, maybe they can!

[quote=ā€œninersfan99, post:5, topic:25032ā€]

Who says they arenā€™t salesman? I never met them until today, have you? Who says they cant sell a program to the city and the fans?

Give the guys a chance, maybe they can![/quote]

NOt meā€¦calm down.

Mullen on our offensive game plan.

We've got to match the quarterback to the offense, of course," said Mullen, who coached record-setting quarterback Riley Skinner at Wake Forest. "But we're going to continue to be a shotgun, no-huddle offense, very up-tempo. We'll flip it around a little bit.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/03/02/2103294/mullen-is-offensive-coordinator.html##ixzz1FRotYH4I

I like it. Will make us a very exciting team to watch if we can get the right personnel to run it.

Hell yes. We also will need a nice offensive line if we want our quarterback to last 4 years, but Iā€™m looking forward to it!

Still a little shocked we were able to pull in Mullem as an OC

Same here, initially, I was skeptical b/c he was fired and for some reason a bunch of WVa fans blamed him for their troubles this year, even when they were second in the BE in offense. Reading into it a bit more he was replaced as OC by the coach in waiting who replaces Bill Stewart next year. He was basically a sitting duck/fall guy.

ID, Iā€™m sure youā€™re happy we grabbed him and not Mark Schmidt and his Power I offense.

Iā€™m still hoping we grab Mark Schmidt to be our running backs coach.