2 visitors for Dayton game

RT @rossmith: #Charlotte49ers will have 2 visitors for the Dayton game tomorrow. 6’10 C Marin Maric La Lumiere (IN) and 6’6 SF Ivan Lukic ABCD Prep (IA)

No clue about offers for either one at this point in time.

Marin was on some kind u 18 Croatia team. It’s late in the recruiting cycle and major is recruiting Croations. No surprise here.

Ivan the third may have played in Spain? Very little on him.

ESPN no profiles.

Rivals no profiles.

Oh goody…

Can either of them shoot?

[quote=“Wingate49erFan, post:3, topic:27553”]Can either of them shoot?[/quote]I’m going to watch some film on Lukic tonight if I get the time.

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:2, topic:27553”]Marin was on some kind u 18 Croatia team. It’s late in the recruiting cycle and major is recruiting Croations. No surprise here.

Ivan the third may have played in Spain? Very little on him.

ESPN no profiles.

Rivals no profiles.

Oh goody…[/quote]Ivan is Serbian. I get what you’re saying though.

I have no problems with us recruiting overseas though. There is a lot of talent there and it seems we get lit up by at least one European or South American player each year.

I can’t find a lot of stuff on Lukic but he avg 1.2 ppg as a jr in hs.

Assuming these are Odom finds / kids or am I just assuming this since his dad was so good with the foreign kids at Wake.

Odom had one recruiting class that included foreign players Tim Duncan, Ricky Peral, and Nijnjiye (sp?) all in the same class. Of course, Nijnjaye was not allowed to play for Wake because of recruiting discrepancies (don’t remember the story), so he transferred to Michigan and then to Chapel Hill.

If Odom’s son can start landing players like that, we have a bright future.

This recruiting service rates Maric 16th in Indiana:
http://indianarecruitingguide.com/prospect-rankings/class-of-2013/

[quote=“gamer, post:9, topic:27553”]This recruiting service rates Maric 16th in Indiana:
http://indianarecruitingguide.com/prospect-rankings/class-of-2013/[/quote]Teammate (6’10 as well) is rated just above him:

[font=arial][size=12px]16. Marin Maric: 6’10” Center, La Lumiere[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=12px]Offers: Wichita State, LaSalle[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=12px]Interest:[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=12px]He played on the U18 Croatian team that won the European championship. I have been impressed with Marin’s all-around skills. He can step away from the basket and knock down an outside shot like your prototypical European big, but he also has pretty good strength and footwork in the post. This guy needs some more mid-majors offers.[/size][/font]

Maric has 2 teammates that are 3 star PF’s (2013, 2014) and a G that is a 4 star (2013).

Major working his Indianapolis roots for this one? I’m thinking Maric may be a backup plan for Atewe.

[quote=“2k, post:11, topic:27553”]Maric has 2 teammates that are 3 star PF’s (2013, 2014) and a G that is a 4 star (2013).

Major working his Indianapolis roots for this one? I’m thinking Maric may be a backup plan for Atewe.[/quote]

So the students DO NEED to make signs for Atewe is what you are saying?

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:12, topic:27553”][quote=“2k, post:11, topic:27553”]Maric has 2 teammates that are 3 star PF’s (2013, 2014) and a G that is a 4 star (2013).

Major working his Indianapolis roots for this one? I’m thinking Maric may be a backup plan for Atewe.[/quote]

So the students DO NEED to make signs for Atewe is what you are saying?[/quote]I’d be disappointed if there aren’t signs and chants for him.

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:12, topic:27553”][quote=“2k, post:11, topic:27553”]Maric has 2 teammates that are 3 star PF’s (2013, 2014) and a G that is a 4 star (2013).

So the students DO NEED to make signs for Atewe is what you are saying?[/quote]

BIG Signs, and make sure he sees them.