2001 NCAA Tournament vs Tennessee

Saw this video link in the shout box and thought it deserved a thread here.

3.16.2001 - NCAA Tournament Charlotte 70 Tennessee 63

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slp6FFJonKI

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:1, topic:30214”]Saw this video link in the shout box and thought it deserved a thread here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slp6FFJonKI[/quote] Our last NCAA tournament win. Thanks for the reminder. :frowning:

[quote=“4ever niner, post:2, topic:30214”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:1, topic:30214”]Saw this video link in the shout box and thought it deserved a thread here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slp6FFJonKI[/quote] Our last NCAA tournament win. Thanks for the reminder. :([/quote]

Watched that game while on my bachelor party. Long time ago now that I think about it.

no reason a program like ours should have gone that long without another tournament win. not worried though, mark price is about to lead us to many ncaa tournament wins.

Slay for Tennessee was such an annoying player to watch, basically goaded the officials the entire game.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:2, topic:30214”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:1, topic:30214”]Saw this video link in the shout box and thought it deserved a thread here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slp6FFJonKI[/quote] Our last NCAA tournament win. Thanks for the reminder. :([/quote]

We will have a big celebration marking the 15th Anniversary coming up on March 16th. Halftime ceremony at our opening round CBI game at Halton Arena. :-X

Total bummer that they didn’t have the end of this game, was looking forward to watching us celebrate.

i was in 4th grade when we last won a ncaa tourney game…thats way too long ago

I was at the game and it was awesome.

I watched the game yesterday and it was a truly awful game to watch from a quality basketball standpoint. I think there is a reason neither of these coaches are head coaches anymore. Both teams had a lot of talent, but played some of the dumbest basketball I can remember.

Fortunately in 2001 the high of playing in and winning a NCAA tournament game drumpfed all of that and I imagine I would feel the same way if we won another NCAA Tournament game is disgusting fashion now.

I had come home from a week at spring training. Mrs Tintin and I renewed acquaintances and watched this game.
She gave birth to my youngest daughter 9 months later.
Charlotte was in the running as a name, but the wife veto’d it.

[quote=“Tintin, post:10, topic:30214”]I had come home from a week at spring training. Mrs Tintin and I renewed acquaintances and watched this game.
She gave birth to my youngest daughter 9 months later.
Charlotte was in the running as a name, but the wife veto’d it.[/quote]
You should have named her Norma. ;D

Unless we win the CUSA tournament, a baby born the day we won that game would be able to drive by the time we can do it again.

Wow, that is sobering.

Wow, that is sobering.[/quote]This program has lead to many not-so sober moments in the past decade plus.

Fun fact for you oldies, I was 7 when this game was played. The next year (2002) was one of my first distinct sport memory, Philip Rivers and NCSU playing ND in the Gator Bowl (grew up a State fan).

I’m getting ready to graduate from UNC-Charlotte this May…thats whats truly depressing for me. Still waiting for a season of relevance from our two major programs (CFB/MBB).

I feel like there should be a team screening of this to help motivate our current guys. Price gets everyone in the room and shows them this as a team. Make sure they watch it.

I know we won, but from a basketball quality standpoint, this is not a game I would want to show unless the focus is on how not to play.

I was there too and unfortunately stayed for the next game against Illinois. That was ugly. >:(

I know we won, but from a basketball quality standpoint, this is not a game I would want to show unless the focus is on how not to play.[/quote]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Agreed. With the shooters on that team, if we hit even remotely what we should have, we would’ve won by 20. Not to mention the great coaching at the end; getting the ball in bounds and our awareness of their press. Bobby always had some really good players, but he was never a really good coach. If Tennessee hit some shots at the end, that would’ve been a loss.[/size][/font]

I know we won, but from a basketball quality standpoint, this is not a game I would want to show unless the focus is on how not to play.[/quote]

[font=helvetica][size=1.35em]Agreed. With the shooters on that team, if we hit even remotely what we should have, we would’ve won by 20. Not to mention the great coaching at the end; getting the ball in bounds and our awareness of their press. Bobby always had some really good players, but he was never a really good coach. If Tennessee hit some shots at the end, that would’ve been a loss.[/size][/font][/quote]

Lol. In one sentence you say if we hit some shots, we would have one by 20. Then next sentence if Tenn hit some shots, they would have won.

Funny how this game called basketball works. Make more shots than your opponent.