2004-05 Schedule

When will the schedule be released? :unsure:

[i]Originally posted by NinerInsider[/i]@Aug 9 2004, 02:11 PM [b] When will the schedule be released? :unsure: [/b]
You tell us, Insider. :D

NI, good question.

BTW, Temple is once again playing an insane OOC schedule:

Temple Men’s Hoops 2004-05 OOC Schedule [.pdf file]

Could use a date/time for Midnight Madness as well. Any clue?

I guess I am a fraud since I have no “inside” info as one might think from my handle. Maybe I should be Nineroutsider! :lol:

Am I missing something or what, but it seems Neo and Real always have the insider info. Are they lost or am I blind ?

Seems as if schedules are slow to get out this year. maybe it has to do with all the conference realignments. Sorry, i was againsnt the expansion thing from the get go.

Saturday, November 20, Long Beach State, TBA
Saturday, December 11, Georgia State, 6:00
Tuesday-Wednesday, December 28-29, at Cable Car Classic (Santa Clara, Central Connecticut, Yale), TBA

Do we know when the 1st game is?

[b]Tuesday-Wednesday, December 28-29, at Cable Car Classic (Santa Clara, Central Connecticut, Yale), TBA[/b]

Wow, there’s a group of powerhouse schools. :rolleyes:

Can someone explain to me why we can’t get in any GOOD pre-season tourneys? Preseason NIT, Coaches vs Cancer, Maui or Great Alaska? Who makes the decisions on those?

MK, there ought to be a spot for the 49ers in one of these events once in a while for sure. I fould these confirmed teams/events searching around today.

Preseason NIT - American, Binghamton, College of Charleston, Colorado, George Washington, Michigan, Niagara, Penn, Providence, Quinnipiac. San Diego, Tulsa, Wake Forest, Wright State, Virginia Commonwealth

Great Alaska Shootout - Alabama, Furman, High Point, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Utah, Washington, host Alaska Anchorage

Maui Invitational - Brigham Young, Iowa, Louisville, North Carolina, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas, host Chaminade

Rainbow Classic - Alabama-Birmingham, Clemson, Georgetown, Indiana State, Long Beach State, Louisiana State, Southern California and host Hawaii.

BCA Classic - Air Force, Jacksonville State, Penn State, South Carolina State, 3 others, host Marquette

Guardians Classic - Creighton, Missouri, Notre Dame, Ohio State and 4 others

I wish we were in the Rainbow. It’d be a nice revenge tour to get to skunk UAB three times in one season.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Aug 10 2004, 03:11 PM [b] MK, there ought to be a spot for the 49ers in one of these events once in a while for sure. I fould these confirmed teams/events searching around today. [/b]
That's what I'm talking about.

How the crap does Binghampton, American and CofC get in and we can’t?

Furman, HighPoint (no offense HP :smiley: ), ClemPson and SC State are all in the same “region” as us, and we could take any of those schools to the wood shed and we for sure would generate more interest than they would.

This is plain frustrating.

None taken, MK. And to top that off, High Point dropped out of the Coaches vs. Cancer event because their contest with Duke went shaky (Duke doesn’t like this NCAA crap either) and gets invited to Alaska because Wake Forest drops out of it to be in the Preseason NIT (getting 2 home games).

I’d be satisifed with home games, we’re not there yet either.

Here’s what I’ve been able to find about OOC for some of our C-USA co-horts…

Cincinnati

Nov. 27 vs. Purdue (Wooden Tradition, Indianapolis)
Dec. 27 Miami U. @ U.S. Bank Arena
Jan. (date TBA) Wake Forest
Feb. 7 Xavier

Memphis

Christian Brothers (ex.)
LeMoyne-Owen (ex.)
Providence
Ole Miss
Arkansas State
East Tennessee State
Louisiana Tech
Austin Peay

at Purdue
at Texas
vs. Maryland (Hall of Fame Classic, Springfield, MA)
vs. Pittsburgh (Jimmy V Classic, Madison Square Garden, NYC)

Saint Louis

Nov. 5 Mo.-St. Louis (ex.)
Nov. 13 Truman State (ex.)
Nov. 19-22 at Paradise Jam in Virgin Islands
Nov. 27 Oral Roberts
Dec. 4 Hawaii
Dec. 7 Wis.-Milwaukee
Dec. 11 at Gonzaga
Dec. 15 Oakland
Dec. 18 Dayton
Dec. 21 at Southern Illinois
Dec. 29 Southeast Missouri
Dec. 31 at Iowa
Feb. 14 or 16 IU-PU-Ft. Wayne

South Florida

Dec. 1 at Richmond
Dec. 3 or 4 at Fresno State
Dec. 11 at Michigan
Dec. 14 at South Carolina

BTW, seems like the conference slate is what’s holding up the release of most schedules. That’s sort of odd since they know who’s playing who… :huh:

I think we might all be surprised by a trip north of the border this year!

I can’t wait to see the entire schedule so we can all propose our predictions for the season…

[i]Originally posted by NinerKev[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 09:44 PM [b] I think we might all be surprised by a trip north of the border this year! [/b]
i can see it now...

Niners 97
Univ of Montreal 42

[i]Originally posted by NinerKev[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 10:44 PM [b] I think we might all be surprised by a trip north of the border this year! [/b]
What do you mean? Is Iti transferring to the University of Saskatchewan?
[i]Originally posted by NinerKev[/i]@Aug 11 2004, 09:44 PM [b] I think we might all be surprised by a trip north of the border this year! [/b]
Okay, are we talking Virginia, Mason-Dixon Line, or Canada here? Hmmm... :confused: