2005-06 Wooden Award Top 50 Preseason Candidates

WoodenAward.com: 2005-2006 TOP 50 PRESEASON Candidates

From the A-10 (pretty much your top candidates for A-10 Player of the Year as well):

Curtis Withers, Charlotte
Mardy Collins, Temple
Pops Mensah-Bonsu, George Washington
Steven Smith, LaSalle

Vincent Grier (Minnesota) also made the list.

Rondo for kentucky is going to be freaking INSANE this year. Watch out for tubby’s boys this year they will be fit to impress

[i]Originally posted by dax[/i]@Aug 9 2005, 05:23 PM [b] Rondo for kentucky is going to be freaking INSANE this year. Watch out for tubby's boys this year they will be fit to impress [/b]
it pains me to watch rondo tear it up, knowing how close we were to signing him... :(
[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Aug 9 2005, 05:38 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Aug 9 2005, 05:38 PM)
[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Aug 9 2005, 05:38 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Aug 9 2005, 05:38 PM)
[i]Originally posted by forDniner[/i]@Aug 9 2005, 10:03 PM [b] Chi,

How close were we? Watching that guy play last year hurt thinking he could have played for us. [/b]

ok i dont know for sure, nothing i say here is 100% concrete… that having been said, i understand that we were his leader, and he was very close to committing, when Lutz “gave up” and stopped recruiting him because he thought Rondo was a lock to go to a “big name” school. this upset Rondo, so he decided on Kentucky. i think that even though Rondo told the media that we were his leader, Lutz and co. thought that he was just using us as leverage to pick up offers from the other schools, which he may have been doing, but i dont think that was the case. there is no way we can know for sure.

I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that we wouldnt have lost more than 3 or 4 games last year with Rondo running the point. we would have been a 3 or 4 seed at the worst in the tourney…

:frowning: