2008-2009 49ers

Can someone give me a list and description of who Charlotte is recruiting for next year because I hear different things from everyone.

[QUOTE=UNCC49ersfan05;281770]Can someone give me a list and description of who Charlotte is recruiting for next year because I hear different things from everyone.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=UNCC49ersfan05;281770]Can someone give me a list and description of who Charlotte is recruiting for next year because I hear different things from everyone.[/QUOTE]
[B][SIZE=4]HANDS DOWN, THE ABSOLUTE BEST POST EVER ON NINERNATION.NET![/SIZE][/B]

[IMG]http://www.poe-news.com/imgs/story/72311-wacky.jpg[/IMG]

Is that the guy we stole from Huggins?

it would be nice, however, if someone was updating the recruiting topics…those things are quite aged now.

this is why developing guys like phil and gaby are such important parts of our program. if we can develop these guys into big time inside guys we can have the complete team to go with our three ball offense.

this is why developing guys like phil and gaby are such important parts of our program. if we can develop these guys into big time inside guys we can have the complete team to go with our three ball offense.

Three ball offense? There is only one ball.

hilarious.

I thought that was pretty funny, actually.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;281814]Three ball offense? There is only one ball.[/QUOTE]
The Harlem Globetrotters used to run a play that used 3 balls at the same time. Maybe we’re gonna put the same play into our offensive sets.

We saw a guy wearing a Harlem Globetrotter jacket walking the floor of Bobcats near our seats…

[B][SIZE=4]HANDS DOWN, THE ABSOLUTE BEST POST EVER ON NINERNATION.NET![/SIZE][/B]

It’s a well known and little disputed fact that the greatest post in the history NNN was made by our very own Coach Lipsitz regarding Niner fandom last year. After a little bit of searching, I dug it up. Read (or re-read) and enjoy:

Some perspective on the subject … not telling anyone else how to feel … but I think my Tarheel experience is much deeper and more significant than most others here … and please read all the way to the end.

So I grew up in Chapel Hill literally a 5 minute walk from campus. Both my parents were on faculty and I spent lots of time as a kid just hanging on campus. Through a friend’s father I was pretty attached to the basketball team, even eating a couple meals with them and getting to play some hoops with them. Amazing experience was after the Olympics and Walter Davis letting me wear his gold medal to lunch at Granville Towers. These things we do not forget. I never, and I mean never, missed a home game. We painted our street before the big games and stormed Franklin Street more than once. Then I went to undergrad there and am proud of my degree and even have a piece of the original Charmichael Auditorium floor (yes I spent extra to get one of the blue corner pieces). I could go on and on with stories (you have a lot when you usually sit not in the front row, but in front of that in fold out chairs literally on the edge of the court).

Great – there is the background.

Then there is now. I am at Charlotte and that’s all the matters. Do I hope that UNC-Chapel Hill still wins against some random team? Well yes I would rather they win than Duke or Wake, etc. But really more importantly I just don’t care in the end unless I am asked to choose, just mainly disinterested in their success. All I care about today is that Charlotte wins. That’s all that matters. THIS is the special place. THIS is who we root for day in and day out.

My tarheel gear was given away when I came to Charlotte and I have no interest in wearing it or seeing it any longer. Yes my diploma hangs in my home office, so yes I am proud of the past, but it is not today and I think that is the point people are making on here. You are HERE – try it out – I know you will love it! Wear green to games (don’t get me started on the number of people I have said something to because they are wearing another team’s gear at our games) and truly invest yourself in CHARLOTTE being your favorite. Enjoy the memories of elsewhere, but BLEED GREEN!

This is a special place … my favorite ever. If someone is here and is still rooting elsewhere it is him/her that is truly missing out! Sure rip on him some for it … most mostly, feel sorry for him :slight_smile:

LOL @ all of you… I like the recruit from Huggins and strongly endorse the “three ball method”.

UNCC49ersfan05, please visit the [URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][U]Recruiting Forum[/U][/COLOR][/B][/URL] for information on recruits. There are lists by year and a thread for each recruit.

oh the hostility…

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;281828]It’s a well known and little disputed fact that the greatest post in the history NNN was made by our very own Coach Lipsitz regarding Niner fandom last year. After a little bit of searching, I dug it up. Read (or re-read) and enjoy:

Some perspective on the subject … not telling anyone else how to feel … but I think my Tarheel experience is much deeper and more significant than most others here … and please read all the way to the end.

So I grew up in Chapel Hill literally a 5 minute walk from campus. Both my parents were on faculty and I spent lots of time as a kid just hanging on campus. Through a friend’s father I was pretty attached to the basketball team, even eating a couple meals with them and getting to play some hoops with them. Amazing experience was after the Olympics and Walter Davis letting me wear his gold medal to lunch at Granville Towers. These things we do not forget. I never, and I mean never, missed a home game. We painted our street before the big games and stormed Franklin Street more than once. Then I went to undergrad there and am proud of my degree and even have a piece of the original Charmichael Auditorium floor (yes I spent extra to get one of the blue corner pieces). I could go on and on with stories (you have a lot when you usually sit not in the front row, but in front of that in fold out chairs literally on the edge of the court).

Great – there is the background.

Then there is now. I am at Charlotte and that’s all the matters. Do I hope that UNC-Chapel Hill still wins against some random team? Well yes I would rather they win than Duke or Wake, etc. But really more importantly I just don’t care in the end unless I am asked to choose, just mainly disinterested in their success. All I care about today is that Charlotte wins. That’s all that matters. THIS is the special place. THIS is who we root for day in and day out.

My tarheel gear was given away when I came to Charlotte and I have no interest in wearing it or seeing it any longer. Yes my diploma hangs in my home office, so yes I am proud of the past, but it is not today and I think that is the point people are making on here. You are HERE – try it out – I know you will love it! Wear green to games (don’t get me started on the number of people I have said something to because they are wearing another team’s gear at our games) and truly invest yourself in CHARLOTTE being your favorite. Enjoy the memories of elsewhere, but BLEED GREEN!

This is a special place … my favorite ever. If someone is here and is still rooting elsewhere it is him/her that is truly missing out! Sure rip on him some for it … most mostly, feel sorry for him :)[/QUOTE]

I think Coach Lipsitz should speak to each incoming class of freshman on campus. Better yet, record this ‘speech’ on video and have it available on our schools website.

[QUOTE=NinerAl;281780][/QUOTE]

I nominate this for post of the year!!!

I nominate this for post of the year!!!!!

I second that.