2009 NCAA Dunk Contest

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R03A25ZfvB8[/URL]

cool.

I could have sworn on one of the first graphics with Coley’s info on it, said vertical was 29". Anybody else notice that?

I am pretty sure Galen Young was in the dunk contest back in 99.

I could have sworn on one of the first graphics with Coley's info on it, said vertical was 29". Anybody else notice that?

It did, my friends and I were extremely pissed.

There’s no doubt that Coley got robbed. The kid from New Mexico even said that he got lucky with winning the contest!
As soon as I saw Coley’s score for his last dunk I knew they were going to give it to the other guy. I couldn’t understand for the life of me why espn and the commentators wouldn’t refer to us as Charlotte instead of UNCC and North Carolina-Charlotte. I knew everymeber of of this site would pick up on that immediately. The athletic department has [B][U]got[/U][/B] to do a better job of marketing us as plain Charlotte when we are on national tv.

1st mention: UNCC (in graphic)

2nd mention: UNC Charlotte (Nessler)

3rd Mention: NC-Charlotte (Nessler) :ticked:

And I thought for graphics we always got “Char” instead of UNCC. That was a disappointment.

I think the reason Coley was screwed in the dunk off was because he basically duplicated the dunk he did over McClinton. They kept talking about him jumping over a Nissan, they should of let him bring one on to the floor!

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;398896]I am pretty sure Galen Young was in the dunk contest back in 99.[/QUOTE]

He was and he did horrible. Coley is a dunking machine.

[QUOTE=d-roc15;398899]There’s no doubt that Coley got robbed. The kid from New Mexico even said that he got lucky with winning the contest!
As soon as I saw Coley’s score for his last dunk I knew they were going to give it to the other guy. I couldn’t understand for the life of me why espn and the commentators wouldn’t refer to us as Charlotte instead of UNCC and North Carolina-Charlotte. I knew everymeber of of this site would pick up on that immediately. The athletic department has [B][U]got[/U][/B] to do a better job of marketing us as plain Charlotte when we are on national tv.[/QUOTE]

What drives me crazy is we have CHARLOTTE on the jersey! There should be no confusion. I agree, once I saw he got a 48 I figured the other guy would get it. Oh well…he represented us well.

And by the way, the guy from Rhode Island is good. If he played for Bobby, no one else on the team would take a shot.

They were also calling us CHarlottes. UNC CHarlottes. What the hell? Yeah, he was jobbed, I think he was out of ideas at that point. You could tell the New Mexico kid thought Coley should have won too.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=C4&Date=20090402&Category=SPORTS07&ArtNo=904020806&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=6

[URL]http://touchofgreen49ers.blogspot.com/2009/04/coley-in-sportscenter-top-10-plays.html[/URL]

they have vids from ESPN, top10 and dunkcontest piece…

[URL]http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=C4&Date=20090402&Category=SPORTS07&ArtNo=904020806&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=6[/URL]

He shoulda won just for the picture lookin sooooo SICK!!!

On TV it makes it look like McClinton was closer to the basket.

[URL]http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=C4&Date=20090402&Category=SPORTS07&ArtNo=904020806&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=6[/URL]

hesus awesome pick!

I really wish he had taken his shirt off to reveal a Niner Nation shirt, and done his Niner Nation sticker dunk… leaving the sticker at the top of the backboard.

With a running start… how high could he really get?

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;398877]
And how come Diego, Brendan, & Jobey never got an invite to the 3-point contest in past years? Come to think of it, Traci should have got an invite this year for the girls for setting the school 3 record.[/QUOTE]

Jobey was in the three point contest, he didn’t do well.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;398877]I was pissed when we saw the UNM guy win because of Steve Alford’s lobbying. Just because you have a famous coach who played for another famous coach, Bobby Knight, doesn’t mean we should give you a title you don’t deserve.

And how come Diego, Brendan, & Jobey never got an invite to the 3-point contest in past years? Come to think of it, Traci should have got an invite this year for the girls for setting the school 3 record.[/QUOTE]

As soon as the ESPN camera’s and color guys were homing in on Alford talking on his iPhone, first thing I thought was ‘Holy s#@t, Alford found a job in D1 after ph#@king up at Iowa so badly’, and then I knew the ‘fix’ was in-> It was now a popularity contest, not a dunk contest.

While the Lobo’s guys dunks were ‘servicable’, they were not entertaining which I thought was one of the key measures of a 50 score. Coley was entertaining. Coley won. Coley got rooked.

PS: The UCF guy got screwed even more-> What an athlete!

[QUOTE=UNCCShannon;398904]
I think the reason Coley was screwed in the dunk off was because he basically duplicated the dunk he did over McClinton. They kept talking about him jumping over a Nissan, they should of let him bring one on to the floor![/QUOTE]

Probably so, but the point was that there should not have been a “dunk off”. The NewMex guy dunked two balls and got a 50? Woopty-damn-do. Like that has not been done before, several times. The cuff-the-ball dunk he did a couple of times last night was done by Kenny Walker in 198? when he won the NBA dunk contest. Coley actually did something pretty damn amazing in jumping over someone to dunk, then something out of the ordinary in having someone throw him the alley-oop from the stands. Sure we had seen it, but the rest of the nation had not. Not directing my venom at you, just still frustrated that he did not win.

Yeah, and the New Mexico guy was first class. No disrespect to him, as he seemed like a great guy and was really humble, he just wasn’t original with his dunks.

Jobey was in the three point contest, he didn't do well.

If I remember correctly, BP got an invite, but didn’t go because he didn’t want to miss a class.

NEVER trust an acc guy to pass you the ball!

Charlie should have really came up with a different dunk for the last one since he just jumped over somebody. Any of the dunks he was practicing on that video would have been fine.