2010 Panthers off-season moves

The Panthers have been releasing people left and right, but i haven’t heard any talk about any possible free agents coming to carolina. It seems as if the leaving of peppers caused a mass exodus of cuts on the defense including kemo and diggs (who i don’t think we will miss). It looks to me like they are just trying to do a defensive make-over especially on the line…We obviously need some D-Line help and a decent QB to provide some competition for moore.

So to my point…does anyone know any free agents we are looking at, and who you think we could pursue. It seems as if all the big name on the FA market are getting taken already. So who is everyone hoping we get this year, seeing as we have some money to finally spend.

I’m sure Panther fans are going to hate to hear this, but it’s pretty clear they are going to have 1 and 2 year cheap players, and not drop any big money. They are pretty much getting ready for a lock out, and saving their money for when it’s over and they have a new cap. Does it suck, yes. but it’s reality.

I’d like to see them pick up Jason Taylor. He’ll sign for a cheap 2 year deal and he can play on the end.

I doubt they’d go after Kampman.

I’d bet the plan is to lay low, have a ton of Cap room in 11 when all these RFA’s become UFA’s next year.

Agreed - The Big Cat is one of the influential owners that have direct knowledge of the progress of the CBA. I think he and the franchise are taking advantage of this year and getting their house in order in preparation for for a lockout and a new CBA.

so basically we are going to have a very mediocre year, and john fox will be out as headcoach?

If they were going to fire John Fox, they would have done it before the restructuring. They are not going to fire him next season.

If they were going to fire John Fox, they would have done it before the restructuring. They are not going to fire him next season.[/quote]

They don’t even have to fire him after this coming up season, his contract runs out anyway, so we can either extend him or let him walk. The Panthers are pretty much getting everything set up for the new cap.

If they were going to fire John Fox, they would have done it before the restructuring. They are not going to fire him next season.[/quote]

They don’t even have to fire him after this coming up season, his contract runs out anyway, so we can either extend him or let him walk. The Panthers are pretty much getting everything set up for the new cap.[/quote]

That’s true. It is a very sound business decision and I think they are setting themselves up for long term success.

per Chris Harris on twitter, Hoover gets cut.

Hoover is another good dude… But bidness is bidness. He was due a roster bonus, he isn’t a spring chicken, and his replacement was drafted last year. NFL math is tough. This roster is getting younger and yonger every day.

I am loving what the Panthers are doing. This is a young man’s game. 25 vs 30 in NFL age is light years apart.

I think Kasay gets cut too. We need a kicker who can do 2 things.

I think they will be fine this yr.

I am loving what the Panthers are doing. This is a young man’s game. 25 vs 30 in NFL age is light years apart.

I think Kasay gets cut too. We need a kicker who can do 2 things.

I think they will be fine this yr. [/quote]

Yeah I’m actually excited about Panther football coming up. I think its a new day.