2011 NFL MVP vote

Let’s see your thoughts prior to the playoffs. You can pick 2. If you picked other, feel free to put who your “Other” vote is for, here in the comments.

*Just a side note: Rodgers and Brees clearly seem to be ahead of Brady right now(12/27/11). But…with week 17 still left, there is a chance that Brady breaks the record that Brees just broke.

My vote is for Peyton Manning.

Hard to imagine any player being more obviously valuable to a given team.

[quote=“hootie, post:2, topic:26106”]My vote is for Peyton Manning.

Hard to imagine any player being more obviously valuable to a given team.[/quote]

Using that logic I would vote for Jay Cutler. The Bears were 7-3 with him including wins over Detroit, Philadelphia, Atlanta, and San Diego and then 0-5 without him losing to Oakland, Kansas City, Denver, Seattle, and Green Bay. If Cutler doesn’t get hurt the Bears finish 11-5 at worst and are the #5 seed in the playoffs.

Holy blast from the past Batman!! Damn NUN where ya been? Welcome back and don’t be a stranger!

Holy blast from the past Batman!! Damn NUN where ya been? Welcome back and don’t be a stranger![/quote]

I’ve been around but was quiet as my frustration with the program and the Lutz era became unhealthy. I’m finally enjoying it again with Major, the recruiting classes, and the excitement around the athletic program as a whole. I will be posting more often. Good to be back!

Understandable and glad to have you back!

[quote=“hootie, post:2, topic:26106”]My vote is for Peyton Manning.

Hard to imagine any player being more obviously valuable to a given team.[/quote]

Aaron Rodgers. No contest. He has an 7.5-1 TD to INT ratio (45-6)

Peyton Manning? You have no way of knowing how many games they would have won with Manning this year. They were only 10-6 last year versus a schedule that yielded a .473 win %. This year the schedule yielded a .522 win % so it is safe to assume they would have struggled versus last year anyway. Clearly not to the degree they have with out Manning.

It sounds nice and “smart” but it makes no sense.

[quote=“Mullins Maniac, post:7, topic:26106”][quote=“hootie, post:2, topic:26106”]My vote is for Peyton Manning.

Peyton Manning? You have no way of knowing how many games they would have won with Manning this year. They were only 10-6 last year versus a schedule that yielded a .473 win %. This year the schedule yielded a .522 win % so it is safe to assume they would have struggled versus last year anyway. Clearly not to the degree they have with out Manning.

It sounds nice and “smart” but it makes no sense.[/quote]

Of course I have no way of knowing- neither do you. But it makes perfect sense to me. He’s more valuable to his team than any one other player is to their respective team. Pats go 10-6. Brady hurt out all year, Pats 10-6 w/o him. Not the same with Manning and the Colts.

If Manning come back next year, $20 says they win at least 10 games.

[quote=“hootie, post:8, topic:26106”][quote=“Mullins Maniac, post:7, topic:26106”][quote=“hootie, post:2, topic:26106”]My vote is for Peyton Manning.

It sounds nice and “smart” but it makes no sense.[/quote]

Of course I have no way of knowing- neither do you. But it makes perfect sense to me. He’s more valuable to his team than any one other player is to their respective team. Pats go 10-6. Brady hurt out all year, Pats 10-6 w/o him. Not the same with Manning and the Colts.

If Manning come back next year, $20 says they win at least 10 games.[/quote]

Well, since I THINK the Packers would go 2-13 without Rodgers versus their current 14-1 I am voting for him. Basing that on your logic.

[move]clt says lebo[/move]

I get hootie’s point about Peyton, but I would still only vote for what guys actually did.

I think the discussion isn’t as interesting as the talking heads want it to be. It’s pretty clearly Rodgers-Brees-Brady to me…, 1, 2 & 3 in that order. Past that, it doesn’t really matter. Those 3 guys are head and shoulders above everyone else.

I agree with the Rodgers, Brees, Brady order.

I siad Manning kind of tongue in cheek, but I’m not one to not defend my position when challenged.

Hearing rumors that the Saints may sit Brees. If so, Brady catching him for total yards could get interesting.

It’ll be funny if Brady has the record, but still gets pissed because people say the Saints handed it to him. He might even cry.

Well, clearly the Saints decided to not sit Brees. In doing so, he holds on to the total yards for the season. Brady did end up also passing Marino’s mark, but it will mostly go unrecognized since Brees out paced him for the season.

So I think Brady’s out of the discussion now. Green Bay sat Rodgers, which allowed Brees to pass Rodgers in total passing TDs. Also possibly hurting Rodger’s in the vote is that his back up, Matt Flynn, comes in and passes for 480 yards and 6 TDs! Both, yards and TDs, are franchise records.

To me it’s down to Rodgers, Brees, Johnson and Rice. I probably should have also included Arian Foster on the list. I thought he was too banged up this year to be a candidate. Baltimore’s offense is so putrid that I think Rice should get more credit. But ultimately I think it’ll be difficult for any of the non-QBs to win. So it’s either Rodgers or Brees. Honestly I think it should be a tie, like 2003, because they both deserve it.

clt says the nfl mvp is erin roggers.