2012-13 A-10 men's hoops awards

And the initial weekly awards go to:

POTW: Dee Davis, Xavier
ROTW: Kellen Dunham, Butler

Atlantic10.com: Davis, Dunham Earn First Weekly A-10 Men’s Basketball Awards

No surprises there.

Dee Davis had like 22 points and 15 assists.

For week of Nov. 12-18, the awards go to:

POTW: Ronald Roberts, St. Joe’s
Co-ROTW: Joe McDonald, GW
Co-ROTW: Dyshawn Pierre, Dayton

Honor Roll: Chris Braswell and Denzel Ingram, Charlotte

Atlantic10.com: Roberts, Pierre, McDonald Named Weekly Men’s Basketball Award Winners

Zagsblog.com: St. Joe’s Roberts Enjoys Big Weekend in Brooklyn

Week of Nov. 18-25 goes to:

POTW: Rontei Clarke, Butler
ROTW: Semaj Christon, Xavier

HONOR ROLL NINERS: Pierria Henry and Denzel Ingram

Atlantic10.com: Clarke, Christon Earn Weekly Men’s Basketball Honors

Atlantic10.com: Weekly Report - Nov. 26

Week of Nov. 26-Dec. 2 goes to:

POTW: Derrick Williams, Richmond
ROTW: Semaj Christon, Xavier

Honor Roll Niners: Chris Braswell and Willie Clayton

Atlantic10.com: Williams, Christon Named Weekly Men’s Basketball Award Winners

See that Christon also named ESPN.com’s “Freshman of the Weekend” for his performance against Purdue.

ESPN.com: Numbers To Know: Weekend recap

Guess this is Semaj Christon week!

CBSSports.com: Freshman of the Year: Xavier’s Semaj Christon makes his debut

I think it’s a conspiracy to keep the Niners out of it :stuck_out_tongue:

“Triple D” winners for Dec 3-9:

Co-POTW: Kevin Dillard, Dayton
Co-POTW: Tyreek Duren, La Salle
ROTW: Kellen Dunham, Butler (2nd for KD)

Honor Roll Niners: Chris Braswell and Willie Clayton

Atlantic10.com: Dillard, Duren, Dunham Share Weekly Men’s Basketball Honors

Dillard recognized by Katz as national POTW as well.

ESPN.com: Video: Andy Katz’s Player of the Week

Week of Dec. 10-16 goes to:

POTW: Roosevelt Jones, Butler
ROTW: Derrick Colter, Duquesne

Honor Rolls Niners: none

Atlantic10.com: Jones, Colter Earn A-10 Weekly Men’s Basketball Honors

Christon (at #8) makes this top 10 freshman list:

ESPN.com: Freshman Rankings: Who made the cut?

See that Minuteman Jesse Morgan was ESPN’s “Scorer of the Night” for his 35 point performance against Ohio U. Most points by an A-10 player this season and most by a UMass player since Marcus Camby back in 1996.

ESPN.com: Numbers to Know: Wednesday recap

BTW, UTEP’s Konner Tucker was “Bench Player of the Night” for his performance against Oregon. And, FWIW, UTEP is Tucker’s 4th school after stints at Lon Morris (JUCO), Wake, and Sam Houston State!

Six league PGs named to Cousy watch list. Most recent A-10er to win the national award was Jameer Nelson (St. Joe’s) back in 2004.

Atlantic10.com: Six A-10 Players Named to Cousy Award Watch List

if i were major i would show that to henry. stinks that he is not on that list but he will prove to be the best pg on there.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:15, topic:27107”]if i were major i would show that to henry. stinks that he is not on that list but he will prove to be the best pg on there.[/quote]Only quibble I have with that list as far as the A-10 players go is Mitchell - not because he’s not good but because he hasn’t played a minute this season due to injury! Clarke has made a believer out of me, so my apologies to Coach Stevens for thinking that experiment wouldn’t work after he dismissed starting PG Hopkins back in September.

Not sure how one makes the list so I’m not sure if Henry was nominated. Eighty on the watch list, which will be trimmed to 20 in January, 10 in February, then the final 5 in March.

And the winners for Dec. 24-30 are:

POTW: Carl Jones, St. Joe’s
Co-ROTW: Kellen Dunham, Butler (3rd honor for KD this season)
Co-ROTW: Quevyn Winters, Duquesne

Atlantic10.com: Jones, Dunham, Winters Win A-10 Men’s Basketball Weekly Awards

After last night, gotta be some serious consideration for a Niner to be named ROTW.

IT won’t happen. the a-10 never liked us, and they wouldn’t give that to a player on a team leaving the conference

[quote=“HI49, post:19, topic:27107”]IT won’t happen. the a-10 never liked us, and they wouldn’t give that to a player on a team leaving the conference[/quote]Actually, it was LUTZ who never liked the A-10, but that’s another thread. ::slight_smile:

Anyway, they keep giving ROTW awards left and right to Dunham and all the rumors have Butler joining the BE7, so don’t think it’s going to matter whether or not the team is leaving the A-10 or not. Of course, do remember the SBC shunning Henry Williams for POY because the Niners were leaving for the Metro.