2013 Football Opponents/Schedule Thread

Yes. Class of 90.

http://www.davidsonwildcats.com/coaches.aspx?rc=218&path=football

Screw that! I want the Davidson Goose Kickers!!!

They’re non-scholarship FCS football. Better than whipping a NAIA team and we could beat them with a squad of scholarship freshmen.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:22, topic:23786”]Screw that! I want the Davidson Goose Kickers!!!

They’re non-scholarship FCS football. Better than whipping a NAIA team and we could beat them with a squad of scholarship freshmen.[/quote]
I don’t know anything about Davidson football, could we really beat them our first game? Cuz I don’t wanna get waxed 80-0 by Davidson. That would NOT be good for my self esteem.

[quote=“cibik02, post:23, topic:23786”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:22, topic:23786”]Screw that! I want the Davidson Goose Kickers!!!

They’re non-scholarship FCS football. Better than whipping a NAIA team and we could beat them with a squad of scholarship freshmen.[/quote]
I don’t know anything about Davidson football, could we really beat them our first game? Cuz I don’t wanna get waxed 80-0 by Davidson. That would NOT be good for my self esteem.[/quote]

FCS virtually has two levels like FBS (BCS/non-BCS) and that’s scholarship/non-scholarship. Davidson plays football in the Pioneer League (because the SoCon scholarship teams like App would put up 80 on them). It’s not a “sure thing” but scholarship Freshmen in general are better players than your average non-scholarship Senior.

Davidson in the first year, yes please. Davidson in the first game, no thanks.

I watched Davidson vs. UNCP 2 years ago. They aren’t good. It was the slowest bunch of football I have ever seen. BUT, they were well coached. They didn’t make a lot of mistakes.

Even though we are a start up program, we essentially need to “buy” a win for the first game or two. Get the kinks out. Let our players hit someone that isn’t a teammate for the first time in 2 years.

In honor of the parents, Beat Lenoir Rhyne!

[quote=“cibik02, post:23, topic:23786”][quote=“49RFootballNow, post:22, topic:23786”]Screw that! I want the Davidson Goose Kickers!!!

I don’t know anything about Davidson football, could we really beat them our first game? Cuz I don’t wanna get waxed 80-0 by Davidson. That would NOT be good for my self esteem.[/quote]UNC-P’s first team almost beat Davidson in their first game a few years back.

oddly enough, i’ve been worried about a loss to Davidson (in a nothing to gain, everything to lose standpoint) but Lenoir Rhyne beat them 42-0 last year.

I just want to point out how [glow=red,2,300]awesome[/glow] it is that we have a thread for this! I can’t wait!!!

Let’s play Notre Dame of Ohio who starts NAIA in '12.
After we win, we act like we beat ND of Indiana. :))

& NinerID it was Davidson’s Homecoming. I bet giving was down that weekend. :stuck_out_tongue:

I say we beat Chapel Hill

Mike Hummer (Exec. Dir. of 49er Club) and Kim Whitestone (Assoc. Athletic Dir.) both went to Jacksonville. I don’t know if that makes it more/less likely that we would ever play them.

I would love to play Davidson in our first ever game. We would probably win somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 to 3 or so.

Fixed.

maybe not the first game. but i’m happy doing what georgia state is doing their first season and picking up a $400,000 check for playing bama.

from twitter:

Charlotte49​ers: FBALL: Be on the lookout later today for breaking news on the 49ers first scheduled football series.

How freakin sweet is this???

How freakin sweet is this???[/quote]

Mike Hummer (Exec. Dir. of 49er Club) and Kim Whitestone (Assoc. Athletic Dir.) both went to Jacksonville. I don’t know if that makes it more/less likely that we would ever play them.[/quote]

Interesting tidbit. Did not know that. I’d guess that would increase our chances of a series with them at some point…

How freakin sweet is this???[/quote]Very! Anyone know anything? Know at least when today to expect the news?