2014 7th verbal

https://twitter.com/davidscott14/status/355106578430558208

OL Chris Brown (6-4, 280) of Vance High.

Any video available?

Dang, we are getting some linemen.

Effective linemen have always been the key to successful football teams. Make space and time for runners and passers and you will succeed. Same on defense, except they need to reduce space and time for the other team.

Effective linemen have always been the key to successful football teams. Make space and time for runners and passers and you will succeed. Same on defense, except they need to reduce space and time for the other team.[/quote]

Absolutely agree 100%.

Love how we are building this team!

Are the size of these lineman on par with what we will be competing against? What is the normal height/weight? I really donā€™t know what the norm is to be able to say yea we are getting some big bodies.

I wonder about that as well. I THINK the guys we are getting have good size though. Some of these guys are close to 300 in high school. Thatā€™s big. They are going to get bigger in college after the conditioning staff gets to work with them. My viewpoint could be outdated though. I havenā€™t been paying much attention to college football details the last decade. Now that we have a team, that is changing.

Just a quick glance at ECUā€™s roster shows 15 offensive linemen with an average height of 6ā€™5" and average weight of 313 lbs.

And just for comparison purposes, Appalachian State has 18 offensive linemen with avg Height of 6ā€™3.5" and avg weight of 285lbs.

Sounds like we are doing pretty well getting size in the door then. Especially for a startup program.

Size will not be a problem. The freshmen we are bringing in are already big enough to compete with our year 1&2 scheduled teams. And they will only get bigger from here.

Daniel Blitch has NFL size. No joke.

I think 280 for rising Seniors is pretty good size. They could be 290-300 as incoming freshmen here. The only question is can they maintain their speed and athleticism with the extra weight. Iā€™m sure our coaches could help with that, but maybe not the high schools. Tough to say because some high schools have the staff of an FCS team. I like the size of the guys we are getting though.

You cant teach speedā€¦ If they like what they see now a red shirt year will really add to the package. Denver as a professional team has one of the smaller offensive fronts with most players in the 300-310 range. I love what we are building.

If we can get to an average of 6ā€™ 5" and 310 lbs weā€™ll need not worry about either line too much in C-USA.