2014 - NCCU Pregame

http://www.nccueaglepride.com/sports/2010/8/26/ATHL_0826102654.aspx

Tailgating Policy
Purpose: To encourage responsible game day socializing, a safe environment and promote a positive experience for alumni, fans, students, the community and corporate sponsors.

Definition: Tailgating is defined as a group or community of participates in a social event in a designated area. The area established for tailgating known at NCCU as The E-Town Tailgating.

Policy:

1. E-Town Tailgating will be used for tailgaters only on the day of the game. Exceptions are RVs that have purchased overnight permits.
  2. Tailgating is permitted from 7 a.m. on game day. Tailgater must be parked before gates open for spectators. Gating opening times vary by game.
  3. Vehicles are not permitted onto the track, except to cross at designated areas.
  4. All fans (passengers in each vehicle) entering the tailgating area must possess a game ticket.
  5. Alcohol is prohibited. The State statutes and University regulations on drug and alcohol consumptions will be enforced. All common containers (kegs) are prohibited.
  6. A tailgating permit must be displayed inside each vehicle or on each tent for inspection at all times.
  7. Drinking from glass containers is not permitted. Whatever is consumed must be poured into a paper or plastic container.
  8. Selling of merchandise, food or beverages is prohibited in the tailgate area.
  9. Large grills pulled by vehicles (on their own wheels) without the Athletic Department approval are not permitted in the tailgating area. Grills being used must have a sheet of plywood under the grill to protect the grass.
  10. Buses are not permitted in the tailgating area.
  11. All stand-alone tents must be approved in advance by the Department of Athletics.
  12. Grill coals must be disposed in an appropriate metal containers located in the tailgating area.
  13. Tailgaters are responsible for cleaning up the area prior to leaving the University property. Trash and hot coal receptacles are provided throughout the tailgating area.
  14. In the event of heavy rain, tailgating vehicles will be relocated to a designated parking area.
  15. Tailgaters and spectators will conduct themselves in a manner which ensures the safety and enjoyment of others. Abusive and /or destructive behavior will not be tolerated.
  16. Any violation of the tailgating policy may result in immediate termination of all tailgating privileges, criminal prosecution, and/or disciplinary action through the Department of Athletics and the NCCU Campus Police.

[size=2]Corporate Tailgaters

Corporate tailgating events are encouraged, but are limited to hosting hospitality functions. Upon approval from the Department of Athletics corporate partners are permitted to conduct sampling, distribute promotional materials or engage in other type of promotional activity in the tailgating area prior to game day.

Procedures:

1. Obtain a tailgating permit by completing an E-Town Tailgating Application. Spaces will be allotted for first come, first served with confirmation issued once payment is received. (Tents that take up more than one space will be charged for two tailgating spaces.
  2. Vehicle permits will be issued from the Department of Athletics office or at the entrance location to the tailgating area. Vehicles that do not have a permit will not be allowed onto the tailgating grounds.

Any questions regarding these policies may be directed to the Department of Athletics at 919-530-7057 or 530-5126.

[/size]

I am thinking about doing a trip to Triangle Brewery before the game. They do a tour from 1-3. It is $3 and you get to drink. If people are up for it we can make it happen.

Everyone in Powerbaitā€™s car.

NCCU is full of shit. There are no State regs. because weā€™re a state school to, & have alcohol.

http://www.nccueaglepride.com/sports/2010/6/22/ATHL_0622102909.aspx?&tab=6

[font=arial]2013-14 season ticket holders have until May 30, 2014 to purchase the same seats as last season. Starting June 2, 2014, all remaining reserved seats will become available to the general public.[/font]

[font=arial][size=medium]NCCU Ticket Office: (919) 530-5170[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=small]Located on the lower level of W.G. Pearson Cafeteria on Lawson Street
Extended hours of operation on Friday prior to home game - open until 7 p.m.[/size][/font]

How far is the campus from downtown Durham? The area around the Bulls stadium is fantastic and I could definitely pregame (and post-game for that matter) around there if itā€™s not too far.

not as close as Dukeā€™s campus, thatā€™s for sure.

Itā€™s not really walking distance, but nothing in Durham is really that far from downtown.

Also, the American Tobacco campus (the area around the park) is cool, but I prefer Brightleaf, Warehouse District and 9th Street more.

Sucks this one is at 5pm or Iā€™d be there. Panthers home opener the next day.

Its about a 25 minute walk from downtown to campus(fairly safe but I wouldnt do it at night), you can also catch the fayetteville street bus #5. Donā€™t forget to check out the new Durham Museum of History behind the train station.

I wouldnā€™t walk from downtown, especially since most places you would go before the game youā€™re gonna be a longer walk than 25 minutes. That, and Iā€™m not sure thereā€™d be sidewalks the whole way.

Is Kayne their coach?

2014 NCCU FOOTBALL PREVIEW: A SEASON OF CHANGE

not as close as Dukeā€™s campus, thatā€™s for sure.

Itā€™s not really walking distance, but nothing in Durham is really that far from downtown.[/quote] :blank:

No game is easy on the road, but this is one I really feel we should win this year.

The stats from that game were ridiculous.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?id=332572429

We converted twice as many first downs, and gained 150 more total yards. It is crazy to see a team have 533 total yards and complete 38 passes and only score 14 points. This game was lost because of turnovers and probably a little bit of overconfidence after those first two games.

[quote=ā€œMikeNiner11, post:15, topic:28859ā€]No game is easy on the road, but this is one I really feel we should win this year.

We converted twice as many first downs, and gained 150 more total yards. It is crazy to see a team have 533 total yards and complete 38 passes and only score 14 points. This game was lost because of turnovers and probably a little bit of overconfidence after those first two games.[/quote]

Well the reason we have so many yards and first downs is strictly because of the turnovers, lending themselves to how many possessions we had. Didnā€™t they also return a INT or 2 for TDā€™s and/or a kickoff? Thatā€™s going to skew the numbers a bit in our favor.

[quote=ā€œCharSFNiners, post:16, topic:28859ā€][quote=ā€œMikeNiner11, post:15, topic:28859ā€]No game is easy on the road, but this is one I really feel we should win this year.

We converted twice as many first downs, and gained 150 more total yards. It is crazy to see a team have 533 total yards and complete 38 passes and only score 14 points. This game was lost because of turnovers and probably a little bit of overconfidence after those first two games.[/quote]

Well the reason we have so many yards and first downs is strictly because of the turnovers, lending themselves to how many possessions we had. Didnā€™t they also return a INT or 2 for TDā€™s and/or a kickoff? Thatā€™s going to skew the numbers a bit in our favor.[/quote]
The opening kickoff of the second half, Central took it all the way for a touchdown, thereby killing our momentum we had from the end of the first half and setting the tone for the rest of the game.

The NCCU game will be one of two that the Alumni Association will have a pre game tailgate. Donā€™t know the specifics but will pass more on as I learn more. (BTW, the other game is the Citadel)

[quote=ā€œNinerNirvana, post:17, topic:28859ā€][quote=ā€œCharSFNiners, post:16, topic:28859ā€][quote=ā€œMikeNiner11, post:15, topic:28859ā€]No game is easy on the road, but this is one I really feel we should win this year.

Well the reason we have so many yards and first downs is strictly because of the turnovers, lending themselves to how many possessions we had. Didnā€™t they also return a INT or 2 for TDā€™s and/or a kickoff? Thatā€™s going to skew the numbers a bit in our favor.[/quote]
The opening kickoff of the second half, Central took it all the way for a touchdown, thereby killing our momentum we had from the end of the first half and setting the tone for the rest of the game.[/quote]

I remember that game having a sobering effect on many of our fans, including me. Not only did we sober up after tailgating, but we had a reality check on what it is really like to have a first-year program.

I think we win this yearā€™s game.