2014 Predictions

Riley wonā€™t let us blow that bowl. Heā€™ll put charlotte on the map.

Undefeated EVERY year.

Same as last year 5-6.

8-3

@Campbell- Win
JC Smith- Win
@NC Central- Win
@Elon- Win
Charleston Southern- Loss
@Gardner Webb- Win
@Citadel- Win
James Madison-Loss
Costal Carolina- Loss
Wesley College-Win
Morehead State-Win

Eleven and OH YEAH!

[quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:12, topic:28935ā€]So, is it fair to assume that the folks who are predicting a 6-5 season (or worse), are expecting 0-11 next year?

I say that because historically, even high win FCS teams have struggled mightily in year one of FBS. Iā€™d expect that even if we won 9 games this season, weā€™d still feel luckyto win 4 in 2015.

If you expect us to more or less break even against FCS competition this year, you must be predicting a totally uncompetitive year of painful curb stomp after painful curb stomp for 2015. Ugh. How can you be excited with that outlook?[/quote]

Iā€™m not expecting 0-11 in 2015. I think we will win a game or two, which I know isnā€™t that much better but I do expect us to take our lumps and take them well. Itā€™s part of the maturation process. I donā€™t know if weā€™ll get curbstomped every game we lose, although Iā€™m sure against a few opponents it will happen.

Iā€™m excited for 2015 because we get to play with the ā€œbig(ger) boysā€, albeit not the biggest (power 5). The fact we were able to do that so quickly is something to be proud of, but at the same time we shouldnā€™t think it earns us some free pass to the big show. Also, part of the fun will be earning the respect of other programs starting from the bottom. Hopefully, we can pull it off.

[quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:13, topic:28935ā€][quote=ā€œNinerAdvocate, post:12, topic:28935ā€]So, is it fair to assume that the folks who are predicting a 6-5 season (or worse), are expecting 0-11 next year?

I say that because historically, even high win FCS teams have struggled mightily in year one of FBS. Iā€™d expect that even if we won 9 games this season, weā€™d still feel luckyto win 4 in 2015.

If you expect us to more or less break even against FCS competition this year, you must be predicting a totally uncompetitive year of painful curb stomp after painful curb stomp for 2015. Ugh. How can you be excited with that outlook?[/quote]

We will win at least 2 games in 2015. We host Presbyterian and we go to Georgia State.[/quote]I read before that the UK game would be replacing the Georgia State game, but never saw confirmation of it.

FWIW Massey only picks us to win 4 games according to this:

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8156&s=262657

at Campbell W
85 %
41 26

JC Smith W
82 %
38 24

at NC Central L
39 %
26 30

at Elon L
24 %
24 34

Charleston So L
30 %
24 31

at Gardner Webb L
23 %
20 31

at Citadel L
11 %
21 40

James Madison L
9 %
20 41

Coastal Car L
6 %
26 48

Wesley DE W
65 %
34 28

Morehead St W
89 %
45 27

The few times I have run into commentary on Massey ratings, the response has been nearly universal - they suck.

Massey had us at 0-11 last year

[quote=ā€œs9er, post:30, topic:28935ā€]Massey had us at 0-11 last year[/quote] So that means our record will be 9-2. Sweeeet. :slight_smile:

I predict the girls on campus will put out the most for the stars & the least for the scrubs.

Interesting looking back on our early season predictions.How does your prediction look after the 1st seven games?