2016 C-USA Basketball Tournaments

[quote=“cltniners, post:20, topic:29602”]clt says Birmingham is an easy bus ride from gatwick or heathrow.

Strange location for cusa though.[/quote] I believe Clt has made that observation before.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:21, topic:29602”][quote=“cltniners, post:20, topic:29602”]clt says Birmingham is an easy bus ride from gatwick or heathrow.

Strange location for cusa though.[/quote] I believe Clt has made that observation before.[/quote]

clt is in summer mode, just playing the hits.

Louisiana Tech athletic director Tommy McClelland told The News-Star on Friday that league officials have discussed a potential move to a neutral site tournament for 2017 and beyond, a move that would eliminate schools from hosting the event.

Thenewsstar.com: Could C-USA move to a true neutral site tournament?

If they go to a neutral site do you think this will help or hinder attendance

[quote=“Gassman, post:24, topic:29602”]If they go to a neutral site do you think this will help or hinder attendance[/quote]hinder. Nobody cares about cusa except fans of cusa teams

[quote=“Gassman, post:24, topic:29602”]If they go to a neutral site do you think this will help or hinder attendance[/quote] Hinder. Instead of 3000 there will be 1000. (less for the women)

Yeah that’s what I was thinking guys. I don’t think you get anymore at a CUSA tourney than the usual team affiliates, the hard cores and the fans of the host team.

This is a shit idea.

What they SHOULD do is either rotate it around so every team gets a shot if they want it.

Sending it to the same site two years in a row just sucks.

MSG !!

If you think holding the conference tournament at a neutral site is a bad idea, then I ask have you ever been to the men’s basketball conference tournament? Have you ever flown in on Wednesday, lost on Thursday, and were unable to get your flight changed so you have to stay through Sunday? I have, and many participants do every year. This is why holding it in a destination location can make for a more attractive basketball vacation. I have been to the C-USA tournament in Birmingham (we won!), and they did a nice job, but I would rather go to D.C., Las Vegas, Orlando, New York, or Nashville. I am not sure what our options are, but if we are unlikely to win our first game, I will probably not go. If we are a middle of the pack team that could win a couple I would likely go, but location would factor in. When we become conference favorites again it really doesn’t matter where they hold it, I will be there.