2016 C-USA Basketball Tournaments

At least we could drive to no-fuck, VA for this. ;D

I wonder how open CUSA brass is to having the men’s and women’s tournaments in different cities.
From the article, it appears Norfolk would have some trouble hosting both at once.

Charlotte, on the other hand, has Halton, Independence Area, and the downtown NBA facility.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:3, topic:29602”]I wonder how open CUSA brass is to having the men’s and women’s tournaments in different cities.
From the article, it appears Norfolk would have some trouble hosting both at once.

Charlotte, on the other hand, has Halton, Independence Area, and the downtown NBA facility.[/quote]

Why not have Mens at Halton, Women @ Independence, then have both finals the same day Uptown. Wouldn’t that be cheaper.

Availability of facilities is the biggest obstacle for having it in Charlotte.

[quote=“upperdeck, post:4, topic:29602”][quote=“4ever niner, post:3, topic:29602”]I wonder how open CUSA brass is to having the men’s and women’s tournaments in different cities.

Charlotte, on the other hand, has Halton, Independence Area, and the downtown NBA facility.[/quote]

Why not have Mens at Halton, Women @ Independence, then have both finals the same day Uptown. Wouldn’t that be cheaper.[/quote]
Seems like most cost effective scenario would be all men’s games at Halton and women at Bojangles with the option of the latter’s title game at Halton as well. Logistics of two sites easier than three, though with the Checkers moving back to Bojangles that site probably becomes less available schedule-wise.

Eliminating 2 conference games is a great idea. In fact, I’d like to eliminate all of them with the exception of about 5.

Conference is a drain on our RPI and ability to make the tourney. The only downside is if those two games we are losing are against ODU and another quality opponent.

[quote=“Run49er, post:6, topic:29602”][quote=“upperdeck, post:4, topic:29602”][quote=“4ever niner, post:3, topic:29602”]I wonder how open CUSA brass is to having the men’s and women’s tournaments in different cities.

Why not have Mens at Halton, Women @ Independence, then have both finals the same day Uptown. Wouldn’t that be cheaper.[/quote]
Seems like most cost effective scenario would be all men’s games at Halton and women at Bojangles with the option of the latter’s title game at Halton as well. Logistics of two sites easier than three, though with the Checkers moving back to Bojangles that site probably becomes less available schedule-wise.[/quote] Yea, I never meant we had to USE all three sites, just that they are available.

clt says mbb at halton, and wbb at the courts beside the RDH.

Maybe they will put some seats back in the Mine Shaft after renovations and we can have wbb there.

[quote=“ninermike, post:7, topic:29602”]Eliminating 2 conference games is a great idea. In fact, I’d like to eliminate all of them with the exception of about 5.

Conference is a drain on our RPI and ability to make the tourney. The only downside is if those two games we are losing are against ODU and another quality opponent.[/quote]

Wrong. We are a drain on our RPI and ability to make the tourney.

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:11, topic:29602”][quote=“ninermike, post:7, topic:29602”]Eliminating 2 conference games is a great idea. In fact, I’d like to eliminate all of them with the exception of about 5.

Conference is a drain on our RPI and ability to make the tourney. The only downside is if those two games we are losing are against ODU and another quality opponent.[/quote]

Wrong. We are a drain on our RPI and ability to make the tourney.[/quote]

Both are true.

I doubt we need to concern ourselves with our schedule this year. We’re not going to be an NCAA caliber team.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:12, topic:29602”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:11, topic:29602”][quote=“ninermike, post:7, topic:29602”]Eliminating 2 conference games is a great idea. In fact, I’d like to eliminate all of them with the exception of about 5.

Both are true.[/quote]

I believe everyone can agree that both years in CUSA we have had the OOC schedule for an at large bid. We just couldn"t take advantage of it.

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:14, topic:29602”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:12, topic:29602”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:11, topic:29602”][quote=“ninermike, post:7, topic:29602”]Eliminating 2 conference games is a great idea. In fact, I’d like to eliminate all of them with the exception of about 5.

Both are true.[/quote]

I believe everyone can agree that both years in CUSA we have had the OOC schedule for an at large bid. We just couldn"t take advantage of it.[/quote]

No argument from me.

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:14, topic:29602”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:12, topic:29602”][quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:11, topic:29602”][quote=“ninermike, post:7, topic:29602”]Eliminating 2 conference games is a great idea. In fact, I’d like to eliminate all of them with the exception of about 5.

Both are true.[/quote]

I believe everyone can agree that both years in CUSA we have had the OOC schedule for an at large bid. We just couldn"t take advantage of it.[/quote]

Exactly! Playing low RPI teams isn’t what has killed us. Losing to low RPI teams is what has done it. Let’s get back to consistently beating the bottom feeders then we can complain about their RPIs. I find it amusing that some here cling to this notion that the league is all that is holding us back when we have clearly demonstrated that we are not yet capable of being one of the better teams in the poor conference. I hope the new coaching staff is step 1 in getting things back on track.

Staying in Birmingham.

Official release.

Conferenceusa.com: C-USA Basketball Championships to Return to Birmingham

ODU sports writer stated on Twitter that it looks like 18 league games again.

clt says Birmingham is an easy bus ride from gatwick or heathrow.

Strange location for cusa though.