2018-19 Niner hoops preseason discussion

I believe it had something to do with Garvin. The two are close I believe.

It looks like eight scholarship players remain for this year since Vasic is hurt. Sanchez will be forced to play freshmen significant minutes. They will hopefully grow as the season progresses. Garvin and Thomas were probably no better than decent role players so their scholarships can potentially go to more productive players next year. Having a thin bench will limit our ability to press and force Davis into playing nearly 40 minutes a game again. We have to hope the remaining roster stays healthy.

i agree with most of this except i think mcgill and robb will have to play some minutes so davis does not get burnt out.

When will season tix and parking passes be mailed out?

Weā€™re getting close to being a real life Hoosiers. I think they ended up with 8 on the rosterā€¦counting the one kid that never played. Mostly guards and the few bigs they had were not very big.

Sounds a lot like us.

Good movie.

Can we start combing the campus for walkons?

Wait, are you saying that is not where we have been getting our players?

That kid was clutch though!!

We have truly lost every ounce of momentum from the mullens/lutz years. After watching 200 people at madness and this morning losing a kid to drexel, itā€™s truly amazing how far down Judy took us.

I will say the dinner before madness was nice. You can see Mike and Ron trying. Iā€™m just saying they are starting at square one, if not square negative 7. we got a long way to go.

Secret scrimmage yesterday vs HPU, Iā€™ll see if I can find out anything. Worth noting that these are not played like real games and play can be stopped by coaches. Good bit of teaching goes on.

1 Like

It was awkward seeing Judy there I thought.
Mike and Ron both went out of their way to greet and welcome her.

Judy is Mike Hillā€™s #1 fund raiser now, so I bet he is happy to see her.

These guys are post Judy and donā€™t have any of the feelings we have/had.

It has to be a bit awkward, Everything about the complete detonation and destruction of our basketball program is on Judy Rose and she has up to this point, publicly refused to take any responsibility for it. Mike and Ron come in and have to welcome her back due to her relationship with a handful of donors while balancing the need for the majority of the fanbase to have a total washing away of the old. I donā€™t envy their jobs.

The reality is for the second time since the birth of this program we are one of the worst program in the nation faced with rebuilding and getting back to an acceptable level of success. It is a daunting task. I have for years felt it was just a matter of time to get us back. For the first time since Lutz was let go I am really concerned that we may never climb that mountain again. Itā€™s crazy to think that right now I think it might be easier to get our football going than our basketball program turned around.

I got an email saying that my tickets were being delivered last week. They never came and I looked and the shipment had been cancelled. Anyone else experience this, or get their tickets?

Mine have not arrived and I havenā€™t seen anything about shipped.

When I got mine Iā€™m pretty sure it said they would be at will call.

tix

I am sure it can be, but they are big boys and girls, so hopefully it works out. Judy can raise more money in a year than 49er Club staff combined. As long as everybody stays in their lanes, this can be a good relationship.

Hopefully not moving forward. That was a huge issue in the past.