2019 Football Coaching Carousel

Former Auburn and Akron coach Terry Bowden is heading to the [Clemson] football staff as a 63-year-old graduate assistant. The news [was first reported by TigerNet] and has been confirmed by multiple outlets. The Charlotte Observer reports that Bowden is pursuing a Master’s Degree in athletic leadership at Clemson, and his position on the staff is that of an unpaid graduate internship.

Um…kay. You do you, Terry!

This sounds Dabo’s take on Nick Saban’s revolving door of old coaches that need career rehabilitation. Spend a season or two on the National Championship sidelines and somebody will hire you. Clemson gets an experienced coach for free, and Bowden gets to bask in the glow of success. And some cool orange shirts.

Terry can borrow some Clemson shirts from his brother Tommy.

Just reading that Rutgers outscored 112-16 over past three games. Guess that season opening win over UMass didn’t count for much! :roll_eyes:

Rutgers would likely not be overly competitive within the Southern Conference (FCS). It will take a a miracle worker. Speaking of which…that’s why we hired Healy. Hoping that he and his staff can do some good work here in the next two weeks.

clt says fau is better than fsu

fsu has more money

Beat down by WKU apparently the last straw for Morris.

I’ll call and tell them they only need to pay me a 1/4th of that. Win win for everyone.

I don’t think I would call living in New Jersey a win.

App coach may be going to Arkansas

You need to re-read the piece by NJ.com sportswriter Steve Politi. Sounds like Issues go way beyond the salary offered Schiano.

That would be very interesting if Satterfield got himself and the next coach a better gig. I don’t see how anyone can take a 1st year coach in college football. They haven’t even went through a good recruiting cycle, much less have many of their players playing. It would be a huge risk on the part of Arkansas, but they are not known for their football brilliance either.

I have heard that their coach has tied to the state of Arkansas and wants to go back with his wife and four young kids. The people at App are not in love with him and they think the OL coach at UL will come back as head coach. I think he was intern coach last year and his name may have been Ivory.