2019 Niner Baseball Thread

We just don’t have the pitching depth this year. Gonna be a long year.

1 Like

That’s the good news. The bad news is there was far more orange than green, though by the end there wasn’t much of either. #schoolnite.

I was listening to the game too, but I missed that comment. Good to know.

Junior Matt Brooks will be back on the bump in Friday’s series-opener at WKU after missing the last three weeks due to injury. Brooks enters with a 3-0 record and a slim 1.40 ERA opening the 2019 season.

PROBABLE PITCHING MATCHUP

Friday (Game 1): RHP Matt Brooks (3-0, 1.40) vs. RHP Eric Crawford (1-2, 4.57)

Friday (Game 2): RHP Bryce McGowan (2-3, 2.86) vs. LHP Troy Newell (2-2, 5.25)

Sunday: TBA vs. TBA

Series at WKU starts with a DH today. They are off to a 5-1 start to C-USA play. Their pitching seems decent and they have one of the best power hitters in the conference. Their right fielder Jake Sanford is tied for 3rd in the Nation with 12 HRs so far (The Niners only have 14 as a team). He is coming off being named C-USA Hitter of the Week this week.

Well then, it is a given that he will hit several this weekend.

Got him out in the first inning. Guy batting behind him hit a three run home run. :roll_eyes: Brooks sucking so far.

Offense responded with 4 in top of 2nd. Brand new ballgame but hopefully offense can keep it up and Brooks can settle in.

1 Like

Brooks left with some discomfort after warming up between innings. That sucks.

That suuuuuuucks

Thanks for the update Bo saw that they brought Czatasjfkaski in but live stats doesn’t say why.

Really need a W to generate some positive momentum today.

Our pitching staff may be the worst I can remember. We take a 6-2 lead, staff gives up 4 the next inning.6-6. Then, we score 5 and go up 11-6. Staff immediately gives all 5 back. 11-11. Pathetic. No errors in there either. We seem to have done similar things all year…almost uncanny how often we do that.

Uncanny? It’s called pulling a NINER.

No, that phrase is way overused on this board…but this instance is frustrating.

2-run HR by WKU gives them the lead at 13-11:

It’s “overused “ because we over do them.

No, we use it everytime we lose a game.

Niners have tied it up 13-all

1 Like

Kissed our sister today, something often done in Hilltopper country.