2019 Summer Movies

2019 Movies

A little late to the movie game for this summer and Endgame is crushing everything in sight, but here we go….

May 10 (Friday)

The Hustle – Anne Hathaway and that fat chic from Pitch Perfect in what appears to be a female remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Please Hollywood stop this. It didn’t work with Ghostbuster or Oceans.

Pokémon Detective Pikachu – Ryan Reynolds voices Pikachu, it’s weird it’s like Deadpool as a Pokémon.

Tolkien – Movie on the life of Tolkien. Not a theater viewing for me but definitely when it hits streaming.

May 17 (Friday)

A Dog’s Journey – One of those movies about a dog that makes you cry.

John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum – A movie about a character who had a dog and makes other people cry… and die. Lot’s of people crying and dying.

May 24 (Friday)

Aladdin – Genie still doesn’t look right and Jasmin isn’t hot enough.

Brightburn – The gist is what if Superman landed on earth and decided to be a bad guy?

May 31 (Friday)

Godzilla: King of Monsters – Godzilla takes on other monsters for the fate of the earth, probably doesn’t have a P Diddy/Led Zepplin mashup theme song.

Ma – A psychological thriller, kids be careful if a middle aged woman lets you party at her house.

Rocketman – Taron Egerton plays the role of Elton John in a story of his life. I am guessing this will be like the Crue movie Dirt and the Queen movie, but with a flamboyant Elton.

Domino (Limited) – Copenhagen cop, terror, suspicion, CIA, ISIS – looks like it might be cool.

JUNE 2019

June 7 (Friday)
The Secret Life of Pets 2 – First one was actually pretty good. Kids will love this.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix – Fox X Universe comes to a close on a down note. We have seen great movies in the X franchise and some really bad ones. This promises to be one of the really bad ones. Why can’t they get the Phoenix right?

June 14 (Friday)

Men in Black: International – Thor and Valkyrie try to revive the dormant MiB Franchise. Probably last shot for this franchise for a while. Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson have some good chemistry so who knows.

Shaft – Looks really cool bringing together two past Shafts with a new one. If you didn’t just think Shaft! In the right tune then you aren’t very cool.

June 21 (Friday)
Anna – Luc Benson helmed feature about a female assassin. Count me in,
Child’s Play – Taking it back old school and rebooting Chucky. Mark Hammil voices our favorite doll.

Pixar’s Toy Story 4 – Supposedly the end of the road for Woody and friends. I am ok with this. Like seriously we’ve seen enough.

June 28 (Friday)
Annabelle Comes Home – Horror movie and scares and what not.

Yesterday – Odd premise, guy has accident and awakes to a world where the Beatles never existed. He sings their songs and becomes a worldwide sensation.

JULY 2019

July 2 (Tuesday)
Spider-Man: Far From Home – The final movie from Phase 3 of the MCU. The latest trailer hints and where IMO Phase 4 will go with talk of a multiverse. Always fun to see the webhead.

July 12 (Friday)
21 Bridges – I have no idea beyond it has BlackPanther in it.

Crawl – Something about a storm and alligators.

Stuber – Action comedy with Bautista. Also in the cast is my favorite redhead – Karen Gillan. Also here is a picture of her…
1512994682-karen-gillan-jumanji

July 19 (Friday)
The Lion King – The second HUGE movie of July. Will be at the top of the summer boxoffice. Disney created an entire new revenue stream with these live action covers of their animated hits.

July 26 (Friday)
The Boy 2 – Another movie about a doll that is scary.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood – Tarantino drama/thriller with Leonardo and Bradd Pitt as well as Margot Robbie and Dakota Fanning about a TV Star and a stunt double. I will go see this. You should too.

July 31 (Wednesday)
Dora and the Lost City of Gold – Another big Kids summer movie. They nailed casting with Dora.

AUGUST 2019

August 2 (Friday)

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw – This franchise keeps going somehow with each installment more over the top than the other. You know the first one was just about Dom’s crew stealing VCRs… yes VCRs. Now they are saving the world?

The New Mutants – Last I read still up in the air if this actually gets released. Sounds like it’s terrible. Maise Williams of GoT fame is in this.

August 9 (Friday)

Artemis Fowl – Disney movie about a 12 year old criminal mastermind.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark – Our favorite book fair book with spooky stories.

August 14 (Wednesday)

The Angry Birds Movie 2 – Are angry birds even still a thing?

Blinded By the Light – Bruce Springsteen musical

August 16 (Friday)

47 Meters Down: Uncaged – Shark Movie with girls and sharks

Good Boys – Seth Rogen directed movie about some 6th graders that skip school and go on an epic adventure carrying a bag of stolen drugs and hunted by teenage girls.

The Informer – Crime thriller about ex-con that goes undercover. Stars Rosamund Pike. I like her too.

August 23 (Friday)

Angel Has Fallen – Stars King Leonidis or Gerard Butler in a sequel to Olympus has Fallen and London has Fallen. If this one goes well franchise will continue with Sky has Fallen.

Overcomer – I dunno some movie about overcoming shit.

Fall Movies

September 6 (Friday)

It: Chapter 2 – 1 was good – this should be too.

September 20 (Friday)

Rambo: Last Blood – Last one, takes me back to being a kid!

September 27 (Friday)

Judy – Don’t worry not our Judy – this is Judy Garland.

October 4 (Friday)

Joker – DC continues to F’up their stuff by releasing a Joker movie that isn’t connected to anything else.

October 11 (Friday)

Zombieland: Double Tap – YES! One of the best zombie movies ever finally get’s a well deserved sequel. Cast returns.

October 18 (Friday)

The Addams Family – Will Hammer song come back? Please Hammer don’t hurt’em.

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil – Oh Disney you just know how to make money.

October 25 (Friday)

Bad Trip – Hidden camera prank movie

November 1 (Friday)

Terminator: Dark Fate – Cameron has the franchise back finally. Ignores T3 through T-Whatever. Picks up after T2, aka the last good Terminator movie.

November 8 (Friday)

Doctor Sleep – The Shining sequel. The Shining is one of the few movies that legit scares me.

Sonic The Hedgehog – Fingers and human teeth?

November 15 (Friday)

Charlie’s Angels – Sure….Kristen Stewart is an angel soooooo

Ford v. Ferrari – LeMans 1966 battle between two heavy weights and the birth of the GT40 one of the best cars ever produced and best looking.
CSEAP_1

November 22 (Friday)

Frozen 2 – Oh god please no…. I can’t take more music.

December 13 (Friday)

Jumanji Sequel – The first one was surprisingly good! Did I mention I like Karen Gillan?

December 20 (Friday)

Cats – Great musical decides to counter program up against SW, probably not the best idea but it has a solid cast.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – The conclusion to the Skywalker story started in 1977. Can JJ bring it home or will he falter as The Last Jedi did?

Superintelligence – A SciFi comedy and that seems to have been placed here just to get crushed.

Excited about several of these.
‘Tolkien’ looks pretty good but like you will wait til I can stream it.
‘John Wick’ movies are fun.
I’m a huge Superman fan so excited to see Jame’s Gunns’ take on Evil Supes.
‘Anna’ looks interesting. They beat Marvel to the punch before they got the ‘Black Widow’ movie out.
I like the ‘Conjuring’ series so hopefully ‘Annabelle Come Home’ is good.
I think ‘Yesterday’ looks very intriguing.
As you said, the Webhead is always fun.
I’m not sure about Aladdin but Beauty and the Beast was very good and Lion King looks like it will be too.
First time I’ve seen anything on ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’. It looks really good. Leo has been on a roll.

I loved the first ‘Zombieland’ so I am super stoked about this sequel.

1 Like