2019 Week 11: UTEP

I know itā€™s a long shot, but is anyone else going to the game in El Paso?

1 Like

Represent Joel!

Iā€™ll do what I can. I know a couple other people that are going, so I wonā€™t be alone out west.

1 Like

Go to L&J cafe while youā€™re in El Paso. Best place to eat hands down. Just ask for directions to the restaurant beside the cemetery. They will know what you are talking about

Post-MTSU update:

1 Like

Has Charlotte ever been a favorite on the road against a FBS team?

1 Like

No. We havenā€™t.

Where is the watch party going to be?

This is a defining game for this team.
1.) This is an opportunity to get the first road win of the season and the Healy era.
2.) Charlotte has never been a FBS favorite on the road.
3.) Charlotte has never won three FBS games in a row. To start the 2014 season Charlotte won three games Campbell (non-scholarship), JCSU (D2), and NCCU (FCS) but those wins were against lower division competition.

2 Likes

Technically, the 2014 NCCU game wouldnā€™t have been lower division since we were FCS also that season. But know what you mean!

1 Like

<<<<<3.) Charlotte has never won three FBS games in a row. To start the 2014 season Charlotte won three games Campbell (non-scholarship), JCSU (D2), and NCCU (FCS) but those wins were against lower division competition.>>>>>

We also have two 4 game win streaks over two seasons.

1 Like
3 Likes

ā€œBut neither team is all that explosive on offenseā€

Ummmā€¦ excuse me? Yeah, weā€™re only about 70 spots ahead of UTEP in offensive rankings despite playing on the road at Clemson.

I take umbrage at that articleā€™s assertion.

1 Like

plus one for ā€œumbrage,ā€ havenā€™t heard that in a while

2 Likes
1 Like

Iā€™ll be hitting up Belfast with the wife!

1 Like