2019 Week 14: Old Dominion

Meanwhile Charlotte is rolling ODU 38-14 in the 4th.

Niners about to win 5 straight and improve to 7-5. Just one more program that has passed us by.

clt says EZU has given up

1 Like

Boy, ODU had sellouts every game for more than 5 years, and were very successful on the field, but today their new stadium looked empty. It can all turn around so quickly. I feel bad for their fans, but I am pleased that we could (probably) be the final nail in Bobby Wilder’s coffin.

What a great game performance from start to finish. We came to close out the season today and I’m proud of the guys. What a ride this was. Never thought we would be this good after the two FL losses. Way to go guys! Cant wait to support you at our bowl game.

3 Likes

Savor the season, the moment, this team…what everyone hoped for when football began…

I recall Georgia State’s 1st bowl…it’s exciting and I’ll remember this moment too…now just gotta see where the Niners play (paid my deposit for tickets, now just waiting).

7-5…didn’t see this coming five weeks ago!

2 Likes

It’s last minute but if you’re in the area would be cool to welcome them back.

1 Like

Yes, I think they will.

What is the point of paying a deposit on the tickets. I doubt the game will sell out.

2 Likes

Agreed, as tickets are issued by club ranking.

I think it helps add to a school’s “attractiveness” to a bowl committee.

2 Likes

We really have to evaluate special teams in the offseason. We almost gave up a big punt return yesterday.

3 Likes

The issue with special teams is the same issue it’s been since week 1. We don’t have the depth to be great. We have gotten significantly better at managing our lack of depth. I think that’s all you can ask in season.

1 Like

ST is all about depth and help is on its way…

clt says we have lots of croots coming that will sure up special teams

The best thing leaving the game was the ODU fountain. It was lit up green.

5 Likes

clt says that will be a target for the odu- marshal game

1 Like

This was our three-year-old daughters’ first ever football game. Cold, rainy, miserable, and a story I have to share.

We sat at the very end of the grandstands, right next to the end zone suites. Caroline was sitting in my lap, surprisingly engaged. After every play, she’d look around and take it all in, and I’d nudge her right before the snap and she’d watch the play. It was really cool to see her reactions, and how she processed what was going on as I explained the game.

Anyway, those seats were awesome in the first quarter, as we could see the plays unfold as they came towards us. On Tucker’s first TD, it was clear as the ball approached that Tucker had a good angle to beat the coverage if he caught it. As soon as he did, I picked Caroline up over my head and started bouncing her up and down as he ran from the thirty, to the twenty, and on into the end zone. She was cackling and clapping and screaming “GO NIGHTERS!” (for some reason, “Niners” is still a tough one for her. We’re working on it.) while throwing up her three-year-old attempts at picks.

As a dad, and as a fan, I’ll never forget that moment. Nor the look she had in her eyes when I set her back down on my knee. I’m pretty sure her blood turned a little bit green at that moment.

I really hope we can keep this Charlotte - ODU Thanksgiving thing going for a while, as long as we’re both in the same conference. Our Thanksgivings are almost always in Charlotte or Virginia Beach, so it works out really well for us.

11 Likes

Love the story! Hoping you have many more to share.

As if I need to remind you…NEVER forget that moment! So many markers! And when you are an old man and wake up with anxious thoughts, go back to that one! You have a jewel there!