2020 College Hoops Coaching Carousel

Unless Texas can convince someone like Dawn Staley to come to Austin, gotta feeling that one-sided “rivalry” with Baylor not going to change anytime soon.

Doubt any plan will involve us. Best bet is she winds up at a struggling P5 as head or first assistant.

Well, I’ll give Texas credit in its choice for a new WBB coach:

1 Like

Was 3-12 against Dawn Staley, so was going to be fired anyway. :wink:

Well, at DePaul that would probably get you a lifetime contract!

Anyway, will be interesting to see if Shaefer can beat Baylor and retain players, the apparent two big strikes against Aston in Austin.

Still think Aston will land on her feet as a HC.

DePaul would follow the lead of Texas and fire this guy instead of Leto.
17 consecutive NCAA tournaments? Yea, but what’s your record against Connecticut?

Samford (SoCon) has hired Birmingham area high school coach Bucky McMillan.

Danny Manning out at Wake. Thought it would happen, but surprised they waited so long: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29097586/source-wake-forest-parts-ways-basketball-coach-danny-manning

Gosh, I hate that for him. So sad. What will he do next year if he can’t scout our team for transfers?

2 Likes

i wish wake forest was on the schedule this season. i hope they screw this hire up too. their fans are quite smug.

3 Likes

Wonder if it’s still $15 million, as Rothstein states, or less since it had been reported earlier that Wake was in negotiations with Manning’s agent concerning the buyout.

Hope they don’t come after Sanchez

It was $18 million last year, so a year later it should be $15 million.

After the year they went 9-9 in the ACC, won 19 games, and were sent to a play in game in the NCAA Tournament, they thought Manning was the second coming of Coach K. Nearly every other coach is not owed his/her entire compensation if they’re fired for losing.

Since the end of the 09-'10 season, Wake has been 47-127 in ACC games. That’s very bad, especially when you consider Pitt, State, BC, and Ga. Tech have been bad at times over the last decade.

Look for Russell Turner to be mentioned. He’s the head coach of UC-Irvine. He’s won the Big West Tournament and his team won a NCAA Tournament game in '18 or '19. He’s a former Wake assistant.

He’s from the East and went to college at Hampden Sydney. His wife is a MD, so he can work for less than some of the other guys mentioned until Wake pays off Manning.

Wes Miller’s dad is a Wake Forest grad who has a building named for him there. Note Wes attended 2 colleges and neither was Wake Forest.