2020 Football Recruiting Thread

I mean, $12 for a years worth of content is the best deal you’ll find in college athletics for crooting news.

Plus the info comes out to the general public eventually, you just don’t get the in-depth info or pre access.

1 Like

I get what early is saying, I come to nnn for insider news before it is released. Not “advertising” to another site where you pay for. Just another step. How cheap it is isn’t the point imo. I may do the patron thing, haven’t decided but the good ol days of that info being on nnn or not teased to non-paying fans was just better/easier for fans.

I feel the same way…the whole reason I use this board is for inside info about the program…now the people on here that get it funnel it through a pay site. It is frustrating.

HOWEVER…it’s a sign that we’re growing up. If we are becoming a program that warrants a pay site for the info we used to get on here just in discussion, it must mean that the info is becoming more important, more impactful and that there’s enough demand for it to actually charge for it.

So…it may be frustrating…but in the grand scheme of things that’s actually a good thing. A good sign of a program that is becoming more legit, more mainstream and headed in the direction we all want it to go.

As frustrating as it is…I embrace it as a necessary evil and I applaud those that invest their time to take that step for the good of the program.

Good for entrepreneurs, but pay for info that will soon be public? AHAHAHA!

Agent 49 puts so much time into this he is just trying to recoup his costs since he is the main person with inside knowledge. I think it is a very small price to pay for this info versus joining 24/7 or other sites

2 Likes

I pay $5/mo to support agent49 for trying to make us more visible and engaging with recruits so we look less like we don’t have any fans. It’s a meaningless amount if cash to help someone that is doing a very good thing for our athletics program. He’s highly active on social media and recruits like seeing articles talking about them and people interviewing them.

The actual content, while well done by agent49, really doesn’t mean much to me. The thoughts of a teenager dont matter to me much, but his work to help elevate the program while balancing a career, family, and a housing search that has lasted longer than judys reign of terror are well worth paying less than i would for a beer at a brewery.

10 Likes

So what I am hearing is that 2k basically will work for beer.

@Agent49 you hearing anything on Navy Shuler? Looks like by his twitter he is announcing tomorrow. Lots of Memphis stuff out there. TN has yet to offer. Would be huge for us.

Not sure what his plans are. Memphis would make sense as he took an official there already. I don’t think he’s visited anywhere else.

Boone

App State. I guess it is close to home

Boone is 7 miles closer…

maybe he hates to drive.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Would have loved to have gotten him to validate our new recruiting prowess and because of his name but, looking at his video, I wonder how well he fits Healy’s desire for a dual threat WB.

Looks like 247 has finally been updated with some of our recent commits.

We are currently 8th in the conference overall, but our average player rating of 83.67 is 1st in CUSA.

7 Likes

clt says that is the Heals impact

Is Demond Stewart on campus in fall camp, because I don’t see him on the roster?

I believe he did:

Roster doesn’t include him, Jaison Williams or Tyler Murray as of last time I checked.

Mallard Creek vs Dutch Fork is on ESPN News right now. Just turned it on but I assume Arabee Muslim is playing for MC.

1 Like

Yes and they mentioned he was a “UNC Charlotte” commit early in the game.

2 Likes