2020 Men's Basketball Conference Tournament

So, are we clear where our game will be? It says Stadium on our website, but no link. I know there is a regular Stadium channel, which is on my SlingTV package and is also on Pluto / Vizio TV. Then there is Stadium on Facebook, which I guess is like CBSSN on FB. Which is fine I guess, but itā€™d be much better if it was on the regular Stadium for reach. And anyone who doesnā€™t have it can get the PlutoTV app and watch for free on a smart device if its regular Stadium.

Anyone know?

Press release says Stadium on Facebook:

1 Like

I would expect it to be on facebook/stadium like the Marshall football game (on ā€œstadiumā€ but actually only on facebook). If you have facebook you will be able to watch the game Thursday.

1 Like

Per press releases from both our AD and C-USA, the game will be broadcast on Stadium on Facebook.

tenor

Yeah unfortunate. We will get no casual watchers this way and no one in Charlotte that isnā€™t a fan will watch.

Facebook does a nice job with the broadcast. Picture quality is great and announcers are good.

5 Likes

I just really donā€™t want to get to a place where having Facebook is the only way to watch a sporting event, at least not on a regular basis. Makes me feel old, but God, please no.

1 Like

Reminder: Tonight at 7:30pmā€¦We can watch the FIU vs Rice game (ESPN+). Winner plays Charlotte tomorrow.

1 Like

Amazingly the FB quality hasnā€™t been total garbage. Much better than other pay feeds Iā€™ve seen. Pretty sure itā€™s going to be more common soon. Streaming has changed broadcasting.

This times 1000x. I donā€™t mind streaming only services at all, though it does limit your exposure to just hardcore fans. If the production is decent quality that is. And Iā€™ll hand it to Facebook/Stadium, their production quality is excellent.

But having to create an account to WATCH A BAKSETBALL GAME where they require all of your personal details, your email address, phone number, AND a photo ID, before data mining you all to hell, is ridiculous. I hope CUSA goes away from them fast. I will not ever have a facebook account. And if the league insists on this then they are just shutting out potential fans like me. Itā€™s beyond stupid.

I wont be able to watch our game Thursday night because I refuse to have my privacy violated to that level. Itā€™s absurd.

Itā€™s 7:30 EDT.

1 Like

clt asks when did fb start asking for id?. do they require real id?

They did but the Supreme Court overturned that ruling

Pretty sure you can watch Facebook games without being logged into Facebook.

Requiring an ID? This is the first Iā€™ve ever heard of thatā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never given facebook an Iā€™d or phone number.

1 Like

They started requesting them a few years back. I tried to make a second account for my business because I didnt really want my personal one to be tied to it at all. When I tried signing up Facebook asked me to take a photo of my drivers license.

I tried the other night to watch without logging in. I even downloaded Facebook Watch per NinerMacā€™s suggestion. All it did was take me to a page where I had to sign up for Facebook with my phone number and photo ID.

Itā€™s ridiculous.