2020 Season Preview

Good idea and done.

1 Like

no problem! you should be thanking the writer though for writing it lol, i’m just a charlotte fan looking for any news tbh lol

1 Like

I sent mine to Mike London at the Post. Chidave probably did too.

1 Like

here’s another article, this time about our most recent transfer in offensive lineman hunter kelly, a grad transfer from penn state. sounds like he’s a good guy and has the same chip on the shoulder mentality like reynolds does. excited to see what he came do.

2 Likes

Charlotte wide receiver Cameron Dollar has a chance to break out this season.

As the number two wideout behind Victor Tucker’s starring role as the WR1, Dollar recorded 41 catches for 599 yards and two scores.

His play picked up down the stretch as Tucker saw more double-coverage, which included a nine-catch, 157-yard day against UTEP in early November. At 6-2, 190 pounds, he provides an excellent contrast to the 5-11 Tucker.

With Charlotte quarterback Chris Reynolds having a full offseason as the starter, expect the receivers to be able showcase their talents for the Niners.

4 Likes

Grew up in Salisbury and mike London is a sports journalist icon there. Not sure how far the icon-ish spreads from 28144 though. Haven’t kept up for some time.

will healy is ranked 102 on this list

Last year Healy was 129. Lambert’s final year (2018) he was 120. We are moving in the right direction.

Make another bowl and he jumps another 20 spots, I’m betting.

What is the deal going to be with ticketing this season? Has the Athletic Department said anything on the issue?

I am trying to figure out if I should just drop $120 dollars for season tickets instead of having my friends who are still students buy me $10 tickets.

The rumor that was making the rounds a few days ago was that season ticket holders and player parents will be in the stadium, but no word on anyone else. Like anything right now, I imagine that the AD’s expectations for attendance in the fall are very fluid.

I heard that season ticket holders should all have seats, but maybe not in the seat that you purchase since social distance will be require throughout the stadium.

Also highly doubt students will be able to buy guest tickets. Highly highly doubt.

I am so looking forward to the upcoming season. However, and this puts me in pure anguish, I am not confident there will be a season. The pandemic does not seem to be abating and with all the non-social distancing resulting from protests, angry fake-news believers, and frustrated dirt track stock car fans, I envision infections continuing to climb. I hope like nothing else I am just being overly pessimistic and am totally wrong.

I am completely in your camp. Anguish and all. And afraid you are right, Sir. Is there Leadership ANYwhere? Every utterance from every direction divides. Where is Mr. Rogers when we need him?!

From Brett McMurphy:

NCAA Football Oversight Committee officially approves 6-week preseason practice plan, sources told Stadium. NCAA Division I Council expected to approve plan next week. Schools can start in mid/late July, but must practice minimum 4 weeks before being allowed to play, source said.

clt can report ole miss is planning for full stadium

based off listening to some healy interviews and what other journalists have said regarding to next year, it seems like there will definitely be a season. whether they will have fans into the stadiums is an entirely different matter but now that we are officially in phase 2 and everything is starting to come open again, im pretty confident that there will be a season next year, even with all of the chaos that is happening right now.

so keep looking on the bright side! next season is going to be great for us with all of these amazing recruits, with one of the best qbs in the conference, one of the best wr group in the conference, a great running game, the best recruiting class in school history (in which we have signed our first 4 star recruit), an amazing head coach in will healy, and above all, our SEC AD god that is known as mike hill. not to mention that this team FINALLY has some expectations to it.

hope this helps :slight_smile:

By next weekend if there is not a massive increase in case numbers and hospitalizations (taking into account an increase in testing) from the protests, I think the season will go on normally. At least for the beginning of the season

1 Like