2021-22 49er Basketball ⛏️🏀

2 Likes

Remarkable how many freshman of the week and all-freshman players we have had over the last decade with nothing to show for it. Nobody pisses away potential like we do.

Aly is a phenomenal player for a young big. With his passing ability and exceptional footwork, he’s the kind of player that you can see in Cinderella runs where all the announcers talk about how he was overlooked.

The beaten dog in me knows that’ll never happen for us though.

2 Likes

Am I the only one that questions whether there is something else besides an injury going on with Jallow. At the start of the season I swear I remember Sanchez mentioning that Jallow was was back at practice or scheduled to practice that week but at this point we are 7 games into the season. Makes me wonder if there is an eligibility or some type of suspension going on. I don’t have any info just pure speculation on my part. I just thought we would have seen him play by now.

1 Like

Anyone gonna do an Arkansas game thread?

Everytime I do one we lose.

Rather nobody do one and we somehow win then we can start one all surprised-like.

Someone already has.

1 Like

We have a serious contender for Freshman of the year.
PLUS
A serious contender for Player of the year
PLUS arguably 3 of the top 5 transfers in the Conference.

…and we are lucky as hell not to be 2-5 ( 2 wins by 3 points combined) staring 2-8 in the face. Likely will be 4-6.

With this lineup, any decent coach should EASILY get this team to finish Top 4 in a shitty ass conference like CUSA.

At this point…looks like we will be hard pressed to finish middle of the pack.

Unreal.

5 Likes

I mean, harshly put, but hard to disagree with.

It’s actually kind of interesting to see these NET rankings with our opponents played.

Davidson is in the 50s.
Toledo is in the 70s.
Drexel is our only “bad” loss at 175.

Our best of our 4 wins so far is against Monmouth who is 41.

2 Likes

Wow, didnt realize Monmouth was that high

Matt mentioned that Jallow started practicing this week so should see him sometime soon.

3 Likes

Just checking on the latest NET rankings (thru games played Dec 11th). Niners are #203, sandwiched between #202 St. Thomas and #203 Eastern Michigan.

If St. Thomas doesn’t ring a bell, the Tommies of St. Paul, Minnesota were D-III until getting an NCAA exemption to move directly to D-I this year, joining the Summit League.

We are getting ready to turn the corner though. Just need one or two more stops per game. /s

Anyone not calling for Sanchez to be fired at this point is contributing to the problem.

Yeah but that corner appears to be a dark black ally. Just don’t see how you can say one or two stops is going to make a difference. There are many more things there, scoring draughts, rebounds, turnovers, COACHING, adjusting in the second half… just to name a few.

1 Like
2 Likes

FHAW771X0AQ4c_7

https://mobile.twitter.com/Charlotte_WBB/status/1472702391669637127

3 Likes

clt says well done Karen!

2 Likes

Maybe not worthy of the flex…