2021-22 49er Basketball ⛏️🏀

So…now Sanchez gets another pass due to another Covid interrupted season??

Perfect.

It is trending in that direction.

What are the details. Who fudded up??

So we were lucky and got to skip two road games against decent CUSA teams and managed to end up with our next three games in a row being at home, against schools that are 6-8, 7-6, and 7-7.

If this team has any chance at all of acting like it’s for real, and by for real I don’t mean winning CUSA, I just mean being not putrid, we have to sweep. Even then we would be 10-5 against a very soft schedule, but the question is, can we do it?

Kenpom has both ODU and UTEP ranked higher than us, with only UTSA below us out of our next three games. Assuming we actually get to play them, the next three games should tell us if we have a chance of not being a pretender. We won’t know if this is a good team over the next three games, but if we don’t sweep we probably have no chance of being top 4, and if we don’t win 2 of the 3, we are probably who we think we are, a middling CUSA team… yet again.

Sounds like UTSA may be without their leading scorer for a few games which means he could miss our game next Saturday.

https://thejbreplay.com/

1 Like

Gee…wouldn’t it be nice if we could go and watch these games…

Would be nice if we could actually play these games.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Are we playing Thursday or what?

Game is on vs UTEP on Thursday. Sanchez talked about it on Niners Live last night and today on the Afternoon Rush.

Schedule updates.

1 Like

If they are all played that is five games in ten days, and seven in 17 days. That has turned into a pretty brutal stretch of games there.

1 Like

Looks like the self imposed attendance restrictions are going away for the 1/26 game.

3 Likes

Well everyone should be rested and healthy by now.

No word on the FIU game from 1/1/22, or did I miss it?

Have we disbanded the basketball team yet? Also any word on the AD refunding our season tickets…

I’m sure they will refund according to how many games are cancelled rather than postponed, so don’t expect to hear anything for a while yet.

Edit: the number of games played without spectators is also in limbo.