2021-22 C-USA Basketball

So WKU will host Louisville in the Slime Bowl?

THE 2021-22 CHARLOTTE 49ERS
The 49ers, who are entering their fourth season under the helm of Head Coach Ron Sanchez, return eight letterwinners, highlighted by the All-Conference USA guard Jahmir Young. Redshirt seniors Marvin Cannonand Luka Vasic, juniors Regin Larson and Brice Williams, sophomores Jared Garcia and Jackson Threadgill, and freshman Isaiah Folkes round out the returnees.

Those returning letterwinners will be joined by redshirt freshman Aly Khalifa and six newcomers: North Carolina high school all-state selection Daylen Berry, Syracuse transfer Robert Braswell, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi transfer Perry Francois, Holy Cross transfer Austin Butler, Ohio State transfer Musa Jallow, and Clemson transfer Clyde Trapp.

1 Like

I’m not sure about this time but I think they have actually included one year and not included it another.

Significant news for WKU with a “Super Senior” returnee and an addition from the Big East:

Run… curious, why is the N Texas game post worthy by you? Am I missing something? Maybe I haven’t noticed you posting other schools schedules. Ignore if so.

Posting those OOC games that have potential for boosting NET.

AK lands another transfer and most likely the team’s starting PG. Since UAB will be Walker’s third school (freshman year at Seton Hall before spending last three seasons at Tulane), I think he will need a waiver to play right away, though as a grad transfer, perhaps not. Hmm…

FWIW, UNT’s participation in the 2021 ESPN Events Invitational MTE mentioned earlier in this thread more likely to move the needle per the NET than the Nevada (#101) game based on 2019-20 numbers:

Alabama #8
Belmont #92
Dayton #90
Drake #43
Iona #141
Kansas #17
Miami-FL #153
North Texas #55

AK definitely beefing up the Blazers’ OOC sked:

Boston College is vegetarian fare.

According to the release by MTSU this year CUSA will play division foes twice (H and A) and six out of the seven teams from the other division which would be an 18 game schedule.

Just checking stats for the gold medal winning USA 2021 U-19 World Cup team and Lofton was top scorer at 13.1 ppg and second in rebounds at 5.3 rpg. So it is something of a head scratcher that he wasn’t selected tournament MVP and was left off the all tourney team as well! Hmm… :thinking: