2021-22 C-USA Basketball

This should be a boost to the conference NET rankings. WVU finished #22 this past season; UAB #83.

This doesn’t really fit here, but I didn’t want to start a new thread about it. John Grisham’s new book, Sooley, is a fictional story about college basketball at NCCU. The article I link below talks about it, and Grisham being a huge UVA fan, and attending their games. I liked his answer to this question.

Before the pandemic, you could often be spotted at JPJ for games. What do you like most about attending games there, and are you kind of champing at the bit to get back there?
A. Yes! I can’t wait until the next (post-pandemic) basketball season and the games at JPJ, with a packed house of 15,000, all screaming bad things at Duke. I love watching red-hot teams roll in for an easy win and score 10 points in the first 15 minutes. We sit across from the opposing coaches and the disbelief on their faces is often hilarious. We’ve seen it so many times. The band, the noise, the fans, the students – it’s college basketball at its finest.

I hope we see some of that this year.

Had been hoping to see Hamilton land in C-USA but with his home town team, not WKU!

Good get for them.

247 recruiting rankings for 2021:

1 WKU
2 North Texas
3 ODU
4 UTSA
5 FIU
6 LA Tech
7 Charlotte

Who made those rankings? Dean Wormer?

0.0 huh?

I will put that group up with any other class signed in CUSA. And that doesn’t even include the PF we got from TAMU-CC.

Another opportunity versus a top 50 program:

Strongly agree.

The 247 recruiting list doesn’t seem to include non-JUCO transfers. It is what it is. Won’t know anything for sure until the players are actually on the court.

Niners vs Deacs uptown plus more…
https://t.co/KyyKej5psg

3 Likes

This is going to be a big stage, and we are either going to be a winner or a loser. I hope we make the most out of this opportunity.

1 Like

GIF by Identity

Toppers will host Louisville and travel to South Carolina this coming season:

2 Likes

I am assuming this will be covered by our season tickets. Anybody know for sure?