2021-22 MBB - Charlotte @ Marshall, 2/19 7:00 PM ESPN+

First back to back wins over Herd since 2016 and closed gap in overall series to 9 wins vs 13 losses.

1 Like

Great game. The most enjoyable game this year. I am impressed with the changes that Coach Sanchez has made with this team. I look forward for the rest of the year.

4 Likes

Apparently Coach Fearne challenged Luka to get a dunk :+1:

2 Likes

Sanchez looks fine when they play teams rated 200+ā€¦maybe thereā€™s a league where if you do that youā€™re considered good. He needs to go there. Hopefully this offseason.

1 Like

Too much winning today across the board, donā€™t know if my system can handle the shock haha.

We have Marshals number, never felt we were in any danger.

3 Likes

MU has been a real head scratcher this year. Picked preseason contender in C-USA following a decent showing last season (#89 NET) and the return of Kinsey. Probably shows how important PG Jarrod West - now at UofL - was to the team. Pretty amazing that they knocked off UAB three weeks ago - without a then injured Kinsey!

Why did Marshall not go to the bench at the end of the game? And called a TO with 6 secs to go. I am sure Sanchez was not happy with that.

Matt and Trevor were wondering about it too. Apparently Dā€™Antoni didnā€™t even say anything to his team after calling the TO!

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Stay in the trash can Oscar TRLeader. You are nothing if not persistent and consistent.

Go Niners.
Sesame Street Oscar GIF

1 Like

Serious question. When is the last time weā€™ve scored 99 points?! On the road. I donā€™t care what Marshallā€™s record is. That was some fun offense to watch tonight.

When is the last time we scored 99 plus? And donā€™t name a season opener from the pre 2005 era. Thx.

GO NINERS

We won at Elon 100-95 on 11-14-2016. Actually had four 100 or more point games during the 2016-17 season.

Khalifaā€™s performance lost in the shuffle I think. If he starts shooting that well consistently, heā€™s going to become a dominating force in this league. Itā€™s not just the points, itā€™s how much he opens up driving lanes by pulling the 5 man out to guard him. And then he scored in the post too!

Also Butler had a freaking game tonight. 17/9/3/3. He was scoring from all over the floor. Iā€™m really gonna miss having him. Dude is just a baller.

10 Likes
3 Likes

99 points?

The CHARLOTTE 49ers scored 99 points?

I didnt think they could score that many points in 2 games, much less 1.

Iā€™ve largely stopped following the basketball program. Are we starting to play conventional basketball again?

My only criticism of Khalifa is that he tries to thread the needle a little too much with his passes to our guys breaking to the basket, resulting in turnovers. Sometimes there just wasnā€™t an opening there. But if he keeps hitting shots like he did yesterday, Iā€™ll take the bad with all the good he brings.

Braswellā€™s dunk made #3 on SportsCenter today! Nasty dunk!

4 Likes

Yep. And a foul should have been called as well but wasnā€™t.

4 Likes