2021-22 MBB - Charlotte @ North Texas, 1/20 7:00 PM ESPNU

OD3TmFB6

BPI predictor gives us a 7% chance of winning:

Shocked that they are only a 11.5 point favorite

From the Action Network piece:

Somewhat ironic.

1 Like

Playing a top 100 team and conference foe. #2 in conference according to KenPom. Currently third in the west, and third overall. Losses to Miami, Kansas, and lone conference loss to CUSA leader UAB. Only “bad” loss is to Buffalo, which was early season and #108 in Kenpom, we are exactly DOUBLE Buffalo’s rating at #216.

These are the teams we need to be competitive with, and ultimately beat if we are ever going to be even remotely relevant again. The fact that no one seems to care about this games is really telling about the sad state of the program. Our 7% chance to win against a team not even in the Top 50 is also really sad for a team that should be making big progress in our coaches fourth year with the best talent we’ve ever had under this coach.

The opposite of love is not hate, but indifference. This thread is pretty emblematic of that.

1 Like

Today’s NET has UNT #58 and CLT #183.

Do you guys remember that one time when early in the season, Judy gave scheduling preference to volleyball, and we had to play an early non-conference game back to back with no day’s rest, and we LOST to lowly North Texas? WOW, I remember how PISSED everybody was with that loss. Shows you how much has changed.

5 Likes

That was also IMO the minute where Bobby’s future here became doubtful. I was told when informed of getting bumped for volleyball he stormed out and slammed the door from her office yelling “I am just trying to run a D1 f’n basketball program!”

1 Like

Yep, now I pretty much fully expect to lose tonight.

2 Likes

Another loss=another nail in the Sanchez early exit coffin is a pretty good consolation prize.

#sanchezfarewelltour2022

I’m starting to think we are kidding ourselves with that. Especially if Sanchez ends up over .600, Hill can call it progress and string us along another year. Sanchez’s best season is .552.

.600 (right now)

Those numbers are obviously putrid in the college basketball world, especially for teams with schedules as soft as ours, but the Justification Train might just have an appointment at the Halton Arena Station.

1 Like

Losing by 30 to a trash FAU team with this roster should be all is needed.

Plenty of season left too.

Sanchez will certainly have more of those moments than not. It’s his calling card. He’s so bad…just get out of his way and he will Sanchez himself to death.

That’s what you call learning and growing

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1484218492664512513?cxt=HHwWgoCshd-2gJkpAAAA

I’m old enough to remember when the Mean Green was an unofficial moniker for the Niners!

original-classic-uncc-mean-green_1_8ca6c8e9194527b267a3b78d147a8130

Me too during the Final Four year.

1 Like

Here we go again

1 Like

Tough first 5 min