2021-22 MBB - Charlotte @ ODU, 1/29 7:00 PM ESPN+

Baseball and softball start soon.

4 Likes

You mentioned AAC, even the middle of the pack have coaches that have won at multiple places…. So expect
all of the schools moving up to the AAC to put in place experienced coaches.

Example middle of Pack schools have Frank Haith (tulsa), johnny dawkins (UCF), Rod Hunter (Tulane)….

It wasn’t that the shots weren’t falling, ODU got better looks. Extremely disappointing performance in an important game for the season and for Sanchez.

We were never in it.

Ben Stiller Basketball GIF

we suck again GIF

1 Like

In case no one has noticed there are 4 posters who want Sanchez fired. It is hard to pick them out because they hide their glee so well when we lose. You can pick them out because they post about every 3 posts the same thing.
Bad night shooting equaled bad loss. Playing a team back to back is hard go look at the NBA stats when it happens.
Next 3 games, in my opinion, will decide our season.
As always, GO NINERS!!! I will root for their success all day, every day.

4 Likes

Do you really believe that only 4 posters want him fired??

We have seen enough out of Sanchez to know the coaches in the AAC are going to coach circles around him and we will be very very bad…

Why not fire him after this season to let a new coach get one easy season in CUSA before going to the AAC (assuming we play AAC bball in 23-24)…

It’s not going to get any easier…

I want to see Sanchez succeed, but he has to get the team to play more consistent. Tired of seeing these lopsided losses.

5 Likes

Make a poll. Who wants Sanchez fired? 1,2,4, 5.7

Nor will it be easy to find a good coach and recruit a whole new squad because I believe these kids like Sanchez and will leave without him here.
Not a good reason to keep Sanchez if we don’t finish well, but it will happen.

FWIW, Haith left both Miami-FL and Mizzou while those respective programs were under investigation. In fact, final season with Tigers was vacated by NCAA. In 17+ seasons, has been to 4 NCAAs, with the one at TU a First Four loss. Winless until today in AAC - thank you USF! - even losing at home to very mediocre Memphis and Temple teams.

Over 14+ seasons, Dawkins has “danced” twice - once each at Stanford and UCF.

Hunter does seem to be doing a good job at Tulane after a long tenure at IUPUI and then a shorter one at Georgia State. BTW, Green Wave beat the aforementioned Hurricanes 97-63 this past Wednesday.

Good points about those AAC coaches, but as you can see they hire coaches who have winning experience.

Haith overall win % is .610 for example.

Hunter doing a good job at Tulane has brought in some really good offensive players.

But i am sure the ‘AAC’ had let the new programs know what the expectations were for improving their bball programs……

I doubt there were any “expectations” conveyed given the current mediocrity and worse of AAC hoops with the exceptions of Houston and SMU. Cincy looks to be headed in the right direction, as well as the aforementioned Tulane, but after that nothing to brag about. Expansion had very little, if anything, to do with shoring up MBB.

Well, we’re clearly not a road team. Hard to believe how uneven this team can be. Not much positive to say about this one. Hopefully the team can bounce back against WKU.