2021-22 MBB - Georgia @ Charlotte Exhibition, 10-24 3:00 PM

Trapp is a beast.

1 Like

Young is the beastiest beast though.

2 Likes

Basketball looks promising this season! Win over Georgia.

1 Like

Hopefully this will be a fun season of basketball. Only used 9 players? Are there injuries?

Williams and jallow were out.

Also Vasic and Francois DNP, among others.

I only caught the 2nd half audio, but I liked most of what I heard. Jamir carried the offense (hopefully we will have an answer when he has his rare off night), and the defense forced maybe 20 TOs for UGA (I lost count). Trapp made plays all over the court and I liked the way the energy and effort sounded. We did hit a scoring lull, though we did eek out just enough baskets (like 2) and we turned UGA over enough to keep them from retaking the lead.

It at least sounds like we have the talent and depth to play aggressively on both sides of the ball. We scored 76 on 36 made baskets with 18 assists and only 8 TO’s (only 1 in first half) against an athletic team. That bodes well.

2 Likes

How was attendance? Was a lot raised for charity?

Photos on twitter showed very few in attendance

clt says we r back

Quite a sparse, though enthusiastic, crowd for the UGA game. Probably more at the men’s soccer match last night.

Butler is a hustle guy. Hit the floor at least 10 times. He will be a fan favorite.

4 Likes

Maybe Sweirad will learn his name by then. Today he called him Austin Price, and then in postgame he called him Austin Brice.

1 Like

FWIW, game was officiated using experimental 6 fouls rule. Not sure what I think about that but it did keep Khalifa on the court.

1 Like

My .02 on the team and scrimmage…

This Charlotte MBB team is athletic. This is probably the most athletic team we have had in a very long time. This alone will probably win us a few games in CUSA. I don’t think a clear cut leader has emerged yet, but it will likely be Butler or Trapp. They seem to be the most vocal. I think the everyone is still trying to define their role at this point.

As far as the game itself we played pretty good on the defensive end. We started to hit our stride late in the first half on the defensive end which interestingly was when Cannon was inserted into the game. We were down 11 after FTs when he subbed in near the 7 min. mark and by the half we were up 2. He is a little limited on the offessive end but he is not bad on the defensive end. Sanchez actually praised his D in the post-game. Both Trapp and Young were all over the place on the defensive end.

Excluding Young we did not shoot the ball particularly well from outside, but we were able get a lot of points in the paint. Positions 1 -4 are all capable of driving into the paint no matter who is in the game. Ally is a surprisingly good passer. The offense just seemed to flow better in general when compared to last year. There were several back door passes for layups/dunks.

I know its just one exhibition game but I think winning 15 - 20 games is within reach.

2 Likes

So what’s the review on Ally?! Is he gonna be solid inside or still a project? Does he get pushed around and try to post up people?

They take the stats down already? Who has the boxscore?

link appears to be gone already, but Young had 30 points, Trapp had 14, and I think the next guy had 9. 9 rebounds was the high I think. Link should reappear - will search