2021-22 MBB - Monmouth @ Charlotte, 11/9 7:00 PM CUSA.tv

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1458073029234204678

clt says we got a size king here?

Doesnā€™t look like a big crowd a couple of minutes before tipoff. Students are here, though.

Why donā€™t students clap during fight song? Noticed it at football games too. Somebody needs to educate them.

Good ole CUSA.tv. the volume is set to about 1% so i have to max the tv volume to hear anything

Is CUSA.tv still as crappy as it was a few years ago?

Itā€™s pretty bad. Plus somehow itā€™s $11/mo when all of ESPN+ is half that.

AAC cannot come soon enough.

3 Likes

Reminded that JR Reid is an assistant at Monmouth. A lot skinnier than his Tar Heels and NBA days!

Also, #5 George Papas is the player who made the infamous steal and dunk vs Kansas back in 2019.

I did not even recognize JR Reid. He does not look like the same guy

We almost lost. That means we won? Right?

Is it safe to assume that its going to be a long season and that Sanchez is on his farewell tour?

Are we really red shirting Brice? Assuming its not injury related, I donā€™t like it. We need all hands on deck right now. Also, is Jallow still hurt?

Man, this followed the pattern of most of our disappointing losses last year, including Belmont Abbey. Sizeable lead in the 2nd half, then the whole team goes MIA. Totally new group of players, almost the same result. Thereā€™s something he needs to figure out. Glad we at least got the W.

Thought this looked like a season of hope for first 17 minutes.

Win is better than a loss, but this one is definitely leaving me feeling pessimistic. Hopefully it was just an off night for Young.

He is injured.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1458259626315563012

Half of our 55 shots were 3 ptrsā€¦

Except we only made 6 of themā€¦

Brutal.

We make even 33% of them and this is never a game.

1 Like

A ton of new guys and transfer studsā€¦and they are legit. And we still play sh!tty. Offensive scheme is horrid and we still canā€™t shoot. At some pointā€¦the common demominator is Ron. All these new guys, tons of depth, experience and yet the product still looks the same.

First game inā€¦so I get itā€™s earlyā€¦and I get that itā€™s a win. But our smothering defense was meh at bestā€¦they outshot us (Monmouth), out rebounded us (seriouslyā€¦Monmouth) and had more assists than us (reallyā€¦Monmouth). The vibes I got from watching this version of team Sanchez did not leave with me being enthusiastic at all that it is any different than any other version.