2021 C-USA Football

I’m fine with us being 10 point dogs and have them underestimate us. Hell, make it 21; even the more sweet if we can figure out our defense and serve them yet another L. They have more to lose from this game than us which makes us dangerous.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Forde has C-USA at #9. Lists Niners win over Duke as best home win thus far :+1:

2 Likes

As a reminder, season tickets are still on sale starting as low as $75 and provide you with the best seating locations in our new home.

We need to take notes here.

Also, if this is on TV, I will be at least flipping over to this game. I wanna see how their new setup looks on opening night.

Not football… But… dang.

1 Like

Posted 9:45PM

C-USA Week 5

Saturday, 0ct 2

CHARLOTTE 14
Illinois 24

:football: FIU 21
:football: FAU 58

:football: LA Tech 27
23 NC State 34

:football: Marshall
:football: Middle Tennessee

:football: Southern Miss
:football: Rice

Liberty
:football: UAB

:football: ODU
:football: UTEP

UNLV 17
:football: UTSA 24

:football: WKU
17 Michigan State

Middle Tenn punking Marshall after 3 quarters 34-14. :flushed:

LA Tech falls in another one possession game. 480 offensive yards vs the #23 Pack. Could have been 500+ but Bulldogs pass picked off in end zone on last play of the game.

C-USA Week 5 - Finals

Saturday, 0ct 2

CHARLOTTE 14
Illinois 24

:football: FIU 21
:football: FAU 58

:football: LA Tech 27
23 NC State 34

:football: Marshall 28
:football: Middle Tennessee 34

:football: Southern Miss 19
:football: Rice 24

Liberty 36
:football: UAB 12

:football: ODU 21
:football: UTEP 28

UNLV 17
:football: UTSA 24

:football: WKU 31
17 Michigan State 48

Looks like uab christened their new digs with an impressive shit shower. :laughing:

On another note, we have GOT to beat fiu next week. Looks like we can beat them and be 2/3 to bowl eligible.

3 Likes

Ouch…

That exceeds their typical season average. Of course, with a stadium originally built to hold 70,000 - since reduced to 47,000 with tarps etc - going to look as empty as a typical game at Wallace Wade in Durham!

Did you see the picture though?

Click on the tweet.

See what you mean. The official attendance number appears to exceed the actual turnout by many thousands!

Makes a Duke home game look not so bad by comparison! :roll_eyes: :wink:

Rice athletic dept likely bought tickets for many of the empty seats.

That’s why I hate seeing attendance numbers being used for any of this realignment talk. I think we rarely overinflate our numbers, while other schools do it at an exponential level at times and it gives terrible perspective.

I have said this before as well…its much more difficult to inflate numbers in a 15,000 seat stadium. The numbers are just too easy to “see” in our stadium. …where as in some of the larger stadiums you are able to "fudge " the numbers a lot more easily…the best examples
i have seen are Rice, FIU, FAU and GA State. Those always report higher averages than us…look at images of their games…I have seen FIU games where they have reported 14,000+ and literally didn’t appear to have 1400 in the seats.

6 Likes

There’s barely 1,000 in there

1 Like

1 Like