2021 Football Recruiting Thread

Well, to be fair, all those non-athlete students may decide to go to UNCG because of the bad comments about our bookstore. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have long advocated a firewall of sorts, like we used to have for the politics forum. I also created a thread about cleaning up the nonsense here. Mac is trying. I have heard from the horses mouth this place negatively impacts recruiting.

Let’s put it this way. The politics here are out of control. The negativity is pretty extreme. There’s a reason agent 49/2k did what he did. There’s also a reason his site is growing and working.

I still think this is the outward facing free board that most people are going to see and we need to do our best to put our best foot forward.

I like 2k, and miss seeing him around. I never think about the Agent49 website, and recruiting is not my core interest, but I am sure he covers it well there. You did spur me to visit his site, and nobody is on it right now. Because it is a pay site I do not know how much traffic it gets, but a few guys talking to themselves would not be as much fun for me. I wish him well, because two healthy message boards would be great for our team.

Its all under a pay wall now. Not expensive though

Yea, as said, it went recently full paid members only. Previously you could view a section of the board for free, but now if you are not a paying member, you will only see what you did, “no one online” and “no new topics”

Actually just before I took the screenshot above I saw that Agent49 was online, and now I see that CDS55 is.

CLT retweeted this earlier.

2 Likes

Strange wording on that tweet, to me. Anyone else think so?

Not sure if this is even legit. I see so one with that name on OU roster in 2019 or 2020. Troll job?

No Google hit for any “Craig Thomas football” either.

I think he owned Wendy’s at some point but he didn’t play QB at OU. :grinning:

I questioned it and it’s been deleted.

1 Like

Grady Davis’ cousin?

2 Likes

This guy had his offer pulled by Liberty very recently, so we jumped on him.

2 Likes
1 Like

That story highlights a unique recruiting issue for this class as schools up the food chain tell some of their verbals they no longer have room for them because of certain players opting to return and play one more year.

That will make verbals less firm than normal, IMO. It also may mean that a good player or two ends up at a 2nd choice school. If I were on our staff I’d stay in contact for likely players.

1 Like

WWJD?

Three star guy

Edited to add: this guy puts us striking distance to fifth in conference in ranking

We also have two guys not “rated”, that are three stars.

Tank Robinson (ECU Transfer) commits: https://twitter.com/TankDaGreat/status/1337457722099445765

High School recruiting profile: Tank Robinson Recruit Interests

clt says this is a huge get. had offers from uga, bama, clemson, notre dame,