2021 MLB Draft

Glad to see Mr. Bojangles and 49erAlumnus posting again!

2 Likes

We kept 3 of the 5 guys that I thought we’d lose to the draft. The guys had tons of leverage and didn’t have to jump if they didn’t like what they were offered. 3 guys didn’t like their offers so they are back with something to prove.

Now we have reigning Conference Player of the Year/ 1st team All American Austin Knight returning. Big Maple who could be Knights’ biggest challenger for 2022 Player of the Year returning. Christian Lothes who was a Freshman All American and 1st team All Conference pitcher returning.

Lots to be excited about.:pick::baseball::muscle:

2 Likes

Those are the main guys I wanted back! Heck yeah.

2 Likes

Think I’m going to have to upgrade my tickets for next year. What’s the best section at The Hayes to see HRs? :slight_smile:

1 Like

So we’ll need to replace McKeithan behind the plate? He was a stable influence with our pitching staff.

Best of luck to him. Spoke to him once after a game, thanked us for coming to see them play. Great kid.

2 Likes

McKeithan was a big piece of the success last season. Definitely a big loss.

We have 2 incoming HS catchers that were going to develop behind McKeithan next year. Huck Wathan from Charlotte Country Day and Drew Tyndall from Wilmington. Both are very talented. We are also bringing in 2 JUCO guys that catch but are listed primarily as outfielders; Cam Fisher from Walters State & Jakob Kouneski from NIACC.

They might look to the portal to bring in a grad transfer to bridge the gap to the freshmen.

1 Like

McKeithan Was one of the best catchers I have seen at framing up pitches into strikes. He is a wizard at turning a ball into a corner strike. Damn, bad loss

1 Like

As a Niner fan, loss. As a Cardinals fan, win!

1 Like

#BOOM

4 Likes

#BOOM

3 Likes

#BOOM

3 Likes

McKeithan has signed with the Cards for $50k

https://twitter.com/The_Noah_Sharp/status/1417163029238718471?s=20

2 Likes

Bryce has officially signed with the Rockies.

2 Likes

$300k for Bryce! That’s 6th RD slot money.

2 Likes