2021 Niner Baseball Thread

Too bad. I was looking forward to seeing him hit.

He was one of the ones I was worried about.

The other is Dockery. Hope he makes it to campus

BREAKING: The

@NCAA

Division I Council has PASSED legislation, effective August 1, that would allow teams to give need-based/merit aid without it counting against a program’s scholarship total. This is big news for college baseball.

This is a good move by the NCAA. Contrary to what I’ve seen (incorrectly) stated, the vast majority of non-revenue sport athletes do not come from affluent families. It’s a step in the right direction.

Good step I guess. Going on past experience, there will be programs that abuse this and get away with it.
There may be a lot more needy players than in the past.

Here is a list of our guys that have entered the portal and where they ended up:

1B Vito Patierno-Mt Olive
SS Zach Weston- Queens
LHP Ethan Earhart- Eastern New Mexico
IF/OF Riley Cheek - Queens
C/OF Carter Foster- Queens
3B/1B Josh Haney- TBD

Hate to see Haney leave. I thought he showed a lot of promise.

Haney was a baller. That’s an interesting one. Comes with the territory though.

Haney to Liberty.

Transfer from Tennessee, Austin Knight won Florida Gulf Coast Collegiate League - Offensive Player of the Year this summer. He hit .422, with 7 doubles, 2 triples, 3 HR and 33 RBI.

1 Like

Craig Kuechel won the Tournament MVP as his team won the MSCL Title last night in Texas.

https://twitter.com/infotxtoros/status/1289076039063416833?s=21

2 Likes

Baseball America Podcast episode with Coach Woodard

This roster is loaded.

1 Like

Transfer from NC State Will Butcher. Got a waiver from NCAA to be eligible immediately. Did not play last year as a Freshman.

From his NC State bio

High School / Prep Career

• A member of 4A State Championship squad at TC Roberson in 2017
  • Named all-conference from 2017-19
  • Earned all-state honors in 2018, and was named an All-American in 2019
  • Collected IMG All-Tournament Team honors in 2018 and was named the Spring Break Tournament MVP in 2019
  • Helped TC Roberson clinch a state title in 2017
1 Like

Fall Roster has been released:

Individual workouts start this week, Team practices begin 9/18.

1 Like

Fall Team practice starts today. Lots of MLB scouts in the stands this weekend to watch our scrimmages.

Here’s a roster preview as fall scrimmages get started.

2 Likes

You got a schedule?

D1 Baseball writer Aaron Fitt was at the Hayes this weekend writing a story on the Niners.

1 Like
1 Like